Minimizing Banners and Home Page....

You know where when you are on the home page of ECCIE there are buttons where you can make certain sections minimize?

Is there any way to make a function to where you can make the top section as well as the banners minimize so they aren't visible to just anybody that amy walk by if you happen to be looking at ECCIE in public or where you don't others around you to see what you are looking at.
This topic has been discussed before btw.

Click on the arrow (on the banner box) to minimize.

Does this help?
Attached Images File Type: jpg eccie.jpg (348.0 KB, 120 views)
z, doesn't get it I get what you are saying EA, I get paranoid too about browsing ECCIE on my phone because the banners are so obvious as soon as it loads. Maybe if they made a ,mirror site of eccie but without such an obvious environment like a SFWECCIE.
No Zarah that does not help.... I'm aware of how to minimize those. I am talking about the ones you can't minimize like the ones on the very top. Do you know how to do that?
No Zarah that does not help.... I'm aware of how to minimize those. I am talking about the ones you can't minimize like the ones on the very top. Do you know how to do that? Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
The simple answer is no.
You cannot minimize those.
Only admin can make them go away.
I figured that was the case which is why I asked if they could make a function to do so. Hopefully they can
The ad-blocker I'm using through Firefox doesn't help either.
I use ad-block plus. It's awesome, although... it takes a bit getting used to everything not so colorful.
I'm not much of a techie, so I'm not sure what you guys are referring to.

I don't like all those banners either. I use Firefox. To eliminate all those ads/pictures, I go into "Tools" - "Options" - "Content" and I un-check the "Load Images Automatically" box.

Works to eliminate about 99% of the pictures. The only thing it doesn't work on are some ads using "gif" (I think). But there are only a couple of those, and scrolling usually keeps them out of view when anyone is around.

Anyway, not sure if that helps you, but it helps me when I don't have the "privacy" I need.

Told you I wasn't a techie - LOL

K.
  • ~Ze~
  • 01-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I posted pics of what Ad-Block can do to those nasty banners.. here - http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=347378

I am using it for chrome and haven't had an issue out of it yet.
Kimchi,
Awesome suggestion!

Annie and ~Ze~,
I'm using Ad-Block Plus with both Firefox and Chrome, but it's not eliminating the banners. I'm using Fanboy's block list. Is there another filter list I should add? Or are you willing to walk me through how to create my own customize filter to get rid of those damn filters?

Thanks y'all!
  • ~Ze~
  • 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM
In chrome, all I do is "right click" and select the option available for Ad-block.

There is also a small icon in the upper right of my chrome, that looks like a stop sign, that I can go to and change options.

If right clicking doesn't work, just copy the url of the image and pop that into the options.
is there a mobile version or an andriod app that can block the ECCIE ads on my phone?
In chrome, all I do is "right click" and select the option available for Ad-block. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
That is so cool!!!

It works on Firefox, too.

~Ze~, you just made my life much better. Thanks!
  • ~Ze~
  • 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Welcome.