The %$&^# LOGOUT button

Can we do something to keep the logout button in the same location?

Everytime a new advertiser gets his or her very own pretty new tab across the top of the page, the LOGOUT tab shifts. On my particualr computer, this tab used to be on the right, top row of the tabs. As more tabs were added, it shifted to row 2, far left. Now, it is creeping toward the middle on the second row.

The LOGOUT tab is something guys might have to hit in a hurry if they get caught, etc. It would be nice for it to be easy to find.

I recognize the need & desire for advertising to pay for the site and to turn a profit, but certain functions should not be a moving target.

Thanks,

TC
I have found that making the screen a bit smaller takes care of that issue.
Or put a panic button on the site that stays in the same place all the time?
I'm with tigercat on this one.
Ideally this would be on top, right next to the "welcome back to ECCIE.net" so you don't have to scramble.
I really don't have to scramble, but I am a lazy SOB. I like consistency. Probably has to do with old age and that kind of stuff.

And Jymie, it is hard enough for an old man like me to read the fine print without making the screen smaller. And if I do that, how will any of these fine ladies with their wonderful avatars ever distract me.
If you are looking for a panic button, you could always use Firefox in "private browsing" mode.

Open Firefox, Ctrl+Shift+P gets you into private browsing, go to website, log in, and if you need to get away quickly "Ctrl+Shift+P" will log you out, switch you back to the normal Firefox and display the page you were looking at before going into private browsing mode.
Great idea, extra.
  • ~Ze~
  • 01-27-2012, 10:10 AM
I am with you Tiger. I think the top row should be the forum specific tabs.

Then all the fufu ad tabs should go on the second row.
Can we do something to keep the logout button in the same location?................TC Originally Posted by tigercat
+1

I have found that making the screen a bit smaller takes care of that issue. Originally Posted by brutusbluto
Only works for a while. With added buttons, eventually, you'll need fucking coke bottle glasses to read anything.

.............Ideally this would be on top, right next to the "welcome back to ECCIE.net" so you don't have to scramble. Originally Posted by AMACKR
+1

K.
  • Mokoa
  • 01-27-2012, 08:45 PM
In Windows you can hold down the Windows key and press M to instantly minimize all open windows.
Lot of nice ideas here, but when you are a lazy SOB like me, I just want to log out, and I want the log out tab to always be in the same place.

I am currently petitioning HOTMAIL & YAHOO MAIL to decide and make their position consistent. On one of them it is on the top left, other the top right. What is so freaking hard about making the log out tab in the same place & the same shape on all computer software?

It drives me nuts that my bank, my electric company, my etc. can't do this as well. Perhaps the OCCUPY gurus could take this on as a part of their platform against big brother running our lives...
  • FK
  • 01-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Hold down Alt then press the F4 button and this will close the active window.
I have always seen the 'logout' button in the same place on my computer.... ??
Hmmmm
Morgan, I can only assume your computer setup is much different than mine. As more advertisers are added, the tab for logout has shifted from the last position on the top line, to the last position on the second line. As new advertisers are added, it is now approximately in the middle of the second line.

All of you guys with your ideas are wonderful. One problem. With cookies set to save, then anyone can open ECCIE back up and be logged in and be tigercat for the day.

I just want a simple tab, in the same place every day, that I can click on and logout of the site. Most sites I deal with (Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, bank, TXU utilities, crdit cards, etc.) keep the logout button in the same place no matter what screen I am on. For some it is the top right, others the top left. But I know where the button is going to be on that website. It doesn't change daily, weekly, or even annually.
I agree! Put the logout button in the same place and keep it there! I also delete internet history and browsing everytime I leave this site.