Geeze another BBQ thread

Slaps BBQ is on a TV show, also another outfit I know.

They turned the Olathe BBQ competition into a 90 min thing about KC BBQ.

Food Network

No mention of Texas dry stuff....
dry stuff.... Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Reminds me of my one time experience with Jack Stack baby back. Never again!

Reminds me of my one time experience with Jack Stack baby back. Never again!

Originally Posted by dumars
Sounds like my visit to Q39: an expensive, first, last and only visit. Never visit a BBQ run by a weird cook who was trained in French Cooking.

French BBQ: another oxymoron.
Our neighbor in Ann Arbor Was a Syrian woman trained in French baking. Their restaurant was an odd mix of Arabic cuisine and frilly baked goods.
I ate here yesterday https://www.alittlebarbqjoint.com/. Just a little hole in the wall joint on 24 Hwy. Sandwich was pretty good. Waitress was cuter though.
The way I do it.

Buy Baby Back ribs with Tyson brand. Others just have too much fat.

Crock Pot (slow cooker). Get a rack that fits the bottom of the bowl. Cooker bags are neat, no mess, no muss, no fuss no cleaning! Cover rack with foil, poke lots of holes in it. Put cooker bag in bowl, place covered rack inside bag at bottom of bowl, duh. Turn on Crock pot to LOW.

Cut ribs to one or two bone portions, season as you wish. I never season. Place rib portions on rack. Cover and set timer to 5 hours.

After 5 hours, remove one portion at a time and slop an abundance of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce over the portion onto a plate. After all portions are covered in sauce, place them back into the cooker. Cover, set temp to high and timer to 1 hour!

For those with beards and mustaches have lots of paper towels on hand!! Polite table manners are highly discouraged! Bibs are encouraged!

Have at it!!

Now if somebody could recommend a good brand of beef ribs . . . ?
I ate here yesterday https://www.alittlebarbqjoint.com/. Just a little hole in the wall joint on 24 Hwy. Sandwich was pretty good. Waitress was cuter though. Originally Posted by hounddog
I gotta try that. The small places are usually very good, or they go out of business fast.
Everybody knows Texas has the best BBQ. LOL
Ok Chief,
You up for getting tossed out of KC?
I ate here yesterday https://www.alittlebarbqjoint.com/. Just a little hole in the wall joint on 24 Hwy. Sandwich was pretty good. Waitress was cuter though. Originally Posted by hounddog
I have been there before. Burnt end plate was delicious. As I remember, the waitress also looked delicious. With or without sauce. Lol.
I have been there before. Burnt end plate was delicious. As I remember, the waitress also looked delicious. With or without sauce. Lol. Originally Posted by TailHooked
Are you saying that you ate the waitress?
Ok Chief,
You up for getting tossed out of KC? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Just Kidding. Memphis is Best.
OK then.
The Memphis version with brown sugar / molasses is pretty good.
I'm trying to get the folks I know to try experiment and slip it onto a menu.
Are you saying that you ate the waitress? Originally Posted by JRLawrence

I think she would have been finger licking good!
Are you saying that you ate the waitress? Originally Posted by JRLawrence
I think she would have been finger licking good! Originally Posted by hounddog
For that, it's Twin Peaks - Independence