homework

Now that's a way to get a failing grade in school.
Attached Images File Type: jpg rs034.jpg (67.1 KB, 134 views)
Now that's a way to get a failing grade in school. Originally Posted by herky
OK Lily, what's is say????????????? ;-)
OK Lily, what's is say????????????? ;-) Originally Posted by beetle
My thoughts exactly ;p
OK Lily, what's is say????????????? ;-) Originally Posted by beetle
I may not be Lily, but it's a detailed description on how to do ACG correctly.
I may not be Lily, but it's a detailed description on how to do ACG correctly. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
What is ACG means? Academic Competitiveness Grant? Association for Corporate Growth? That was what Googlo tell me!
Haha--wow, I don't think I've ever been tested on the spot You know, I actually charge more for this kind of work than for the work you saw the other day

Reminds me of the stuff I used to write in college to try and make my professor laugh, though mine would have probably mentioned the homosexual relationship I was having with Ping Lee the barber.

Let's see......

"My living conditions here are pretty terrible. The working environment here isn't that great either, and there aren't a lot of benefits/welfare. But don't worry, only 10 people a day are seriously injured and I'm being very careful. We opened a little shop, business isn't too bad. Even though my english isn't very good, I can still sort of understand what the white people are saying. Hopefully I will succeed at this. I will be working really hard here, and trying to stay healthy. Are you guys well? I miss you all and hope we can see each other again."

Hey wait--how will you know if I got it right or not?? LOL
I may not be Lily, but it's a detailed description on how to do ACG correctly. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
What is ACG means? Academic Competitiveness Grant? Association for Corporate Growth? That was what Googlo tell me! Originally Posted by andy1628
Urban Dictionary Is Your Friend:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ACG

First definition, I should point out. Second one means you're getting fucked, too, but it's not nearly as much fun.

[Though in context, I thought charles's joke was pretty transparent.]

Cheers,

bcg
Hey wait--how will you know if I got it right or not?? LOL Originally Posted by Blond_Lily
I work with a couple of Chinese professors and a metric assload of Chinese graduate students. I can easily find someone to "check your work" if I felt so inclined.

Cheers,

bcg

PS: Um, Lily... Isn't the "homework" wrong, though? ISTR that Chinese is written from the top down, not from left to right (like it is in the assignment)...
Haha--wow, I don't think I've ever been tested on the spot You know, I actually charge more for this kind of work than for the work you saw the other day
Reminds me of the stuff I used to write in college to try and make my professor laugh, though mine would have probably mentioned the homosexual relationship I was having with Ping Lee the barber.
Let's see......
"My living conditions here are pretty terrible. The working environment here isn't that great either, and there aren't a lot of benefits/welfare. But don't worry, only 10 people a day are seriously injured and I'm being very careful. We opened a little shop, business isn't too bad. Even though my english isn't very good, I can still sort of understand what the white people are saying. Hopefully I will succeed at this. I will be working really hard here, and trying to stay healthy. Are you guys well? I miss you all and hope we can see each other again."

Hey wait--how will you know if I got it right or not?? LOL Originally Posted by Blond_Lily
Lily, your translation is 99% accurate.

[QUOTE=I work with a couple of Chinese professors and a metric assload of Chinese graduate students. I can easily find someone to "check your work" if I felt so inclined.
Cheers,
bcg
PS: Um, Lily... Isn't the "homework" wrong, though? ISTR that Chinese is written from the top down, not from left to right (like it is in the assignment)... [/QUOTE]

You don't need a Professor to check "her" work. Lily passed with flying color.

For those you don't know:
I born as Descendant of The Dragon (Chinese), raise under the influence of Commanwealth, now: I live like, eat like and talk like a Hillbilly

By the way, only the ancient Chinese wrote from Up to Down, and Right to Left. Modern Chinese write in both ways now.

Lily if you want to, you and me can communicate in Chinese, so even if they don't like it, they could not fuss about it! hahaha
谢谢你! 我第一次看到你的avatar我以为你可能是中国人。你是在香港 上大了吗?

And yeah, modern Chinese is written left to right

And yeah, modern Chinese is written left to right Originally Posted by Blond_Lily
你好! 我是中国人。我在香港長大的!

And yeah, modern Chinese is written left to right Originally Posted by Blond_Lily
Good job. LOL!!! This was a fun posting. I hope you werent' put on the spot too bad....but it was just a natural. ;-)
You don't need a Professor to check "her" work. Lily passed with flying color.

For those you don't know:
I born as Descendant of The Dragon (Chinese), raise under the influence of Commanwealth, now: I live like, eat like and talk like a Hillbilly

By the way, only the ancient Chinese wrote from Up to Down, and Right to Left. Modern Chinese write in both ways now.

Lily if you want to, you and me can communicate in Chinese, so even if they don't like it, they could not fuss about it! hahaha Originally Posted by andy1628
Whatever...

Cheers,

bcg
Learn something new every day.

(Though that strikes me as a decadent Western Imperialist Running Dog influence.)

Cheers,

bcg
Learn something new every day.

(Though that strikes me as a decadent Western Imperialist Running Dog influence.)

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
It is not "decadent", it is Mutual "improvement". It is not "Western Imperialist", it is "Modernization". " Running Dog influence" - Please don't understate yourself!