Gabriel Giffords jumps from plane on anniversary

To celebrate not being killed by a left wing mental patient Gabriel Giffords jumped out of a plane strapped to another skydiver. This remarkable exhibition of gravity is being praised by the press as heroic.

Now I don't want to rain on Giffords survival but I have to make the following observation; why did a conservative Giffords become so liberal after having a bullet go through her brain? For that matter why did Ronald Reagan's press secretary James Brady also go liberal after a bullet went through his brain?

Correlation-yes, Causation-maybe
To celebrate not being killed by a left wing mental patient Gabriel Giffords jumped out of a plane strapped to another skydiver. This remarkable exhibition of gravity is being praised by the press as heroic.

Now I don't want to rain on Giffords survival but I have to make the following observation; why did a conservative Giffords become so liberal after having a bullet go through her brain? For that matter why did Ronald Reagan's press secretary James Brady also go liberal after a bullet went through his brain?

Correlation-yes, Causation-maybe Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Because being a victim of senseless gun violence that nearly ends your life gives you a different perspective on things?

What were you like before your head injury Admiral?
  • Old-T
  • 01-09-2014, 11:05 AM

Too bad you couldn't focus on her courageous recovery fight/progress.

Nope, you have to parade her hard work to make a stupid lib/con comment.

Pretty pitiful.
Yes, sometimes logic sounds heartless but that still doesn't answer the question, does it? You know these same questions were asked about James Brady but since he was not a woman, or a democrat, and is wheelchair bound no one cares.
  • Old-T
  • 01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Yes, sometimes logic sounds heartless but that still doesn't answer the question, does it? You know these same questions were asked about James Brady but since he was not a woman, or a democrat, and is wheelchair bound no one cares. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Ah, now you have moved from insensitive to stupid.
  • FU_CC
  • 01-09-2014, 11:39 AM
JD train(wire) ASS a soldier(good or bad ...yet to know)
Ah, now you have moved from insensitive to stupid.
Originally Posted by Old-T
He never moves off stupid.
.....jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

Only JD can take a tragedy and turn it into political bullshit.
Yes, sometimes logic sounds heartless but that still doesn't answer the question, does it? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
what logic?

...and have you answered the question yet?

To celebrate not being killed by a left wing mental patient Gabriel Giffords jumped out of a plane strapped to another skydiver. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
why are the political views of a deranged asshole even relevant?
  • CJ7
  • 01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
maybe facing her fears ... after you've been shot in the head, how bad is a jump compared ?

poor JD, he equates everything to liberal. Must really suck living in that small of a world.
  • BJerk
  • 01-09-2014, 06:26 PM

I will give it to you that it is a publicity stunt - but it is like the other team kicking a field goal - you just have to stand there and let them have it. Easy points for the good guys in this case. Maybe now after getting shot she will turn her life over to Jesus and it will work out for the best.
Airborne!
How fucking cynical can you be JDIdiot?

If it was Sarah Palin, you'd be creaming in your jeans.

You're a stupid fucking guy.
I will give it to you that it is a publicity stunt - but it is like the other team kicking a field goal - you just have to stand there and let them have it. Easy points for the good guys in this case. Maybe now after getting shot she will turn her life over to Jesus and it will work out for the best. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
FYI Bert. She's Jewish.