Best area to stay in Destin

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What is the most convenient and safe area to stay in Destin? I appreciate any feedback.
I don't really know of an "unsafe" area of Destin unless its the older part of town or over around a few of the townhome places. Pretty much anywhere there's hotels and condos is going to be good. Although this time of year rentals are going to be booked up in alot of places and prices high.
This time of year the prices are high, but they should drop once school starts in 2 weeks. Not too familiar with Destin, but I know of three areas. First is Destin proper which is about a 3 mile strip along HWY 98. It has all your typical places, but I'd consider it the least desirable place to be. The second area is near Destin Commons which is an outdoor "mall" with places like Bass Pro Shop and Hard Rock Cafe. It is about 3 miles east of Destin on 98. I'd consider this the most desirable location. The third area is SanDestin near the "outlets" mall. It is about 10 miles further east of Destin on Hwy 98. There's a Sleep Inn and a Hampton Inn there. I'd consider this the middle ground in terms of desirability.
Am I safe to assume it is inconvenient to expect a local to go to the beach for an incall?
expect most appointments to be late if you do. Traffic on 98 is unpredictable to say the least
I work out in Destin, and its bumper to bumper on 98 (inside road ftw) for the past few weeks. Schools starts on the 9th for some so 98 is gonna get worse, but imo would be avoiding near the destin commons and the outlet area.
Am I safe to assume it is inconvenient to expect a local to go to the beach for an incall? Originally Posted by heidilynnla
I live in the PCB area. For me, it is not inconvenient to go to PCB for an incall. It is all based on timing. At least over here, we can get around with relative ease compared to Destin. Over in Destin, HWY 98 is the ONLY 4 lane road. As a matter of fact, it is the only major road. Everything else feeds into 98-- especially in the downtown area. It is the only way to get anywhere in Destin. Fort Walton Beach isn't much better. I thought traffic was bad in PCB, but it is really congested over there. I don't know why. We have more people than FWB and Destin combined.
I agree with Cpalmson. I work in SanDestin and can drive to PC faster and easier than Fort Walton Beach. With all that being said, we are guys, and if we are hungry enough, it doesn't matter where the incall is located.
So would Sandestin be best? So far, the guys I will be seeing seem to be a bit flexible, but if someone is looking for a "lunch break" date, I want to be in a more convenient location.

Last time I went, I made the mistake of taking an outcall in Destin. I drove from Pensacola and wanted to pull my hair out as I was driving down 98! lol It is rediculous.
So would Sandestin be best? So far, the guys I will be seeing seem to be a bit flexible, but if someone is looking for a "lunch break" date, I want to be in a more convenient location.

Last time I went, I made the mistake of taking an outcall in Destin. I drove from Pensacola and wanted to pull my hair out as I was driving down 98! lol It is rediculous. Originally Posted by heidilynnla
The way I look at it is this. If a local guy wants a "lunch date", he knows the traffic flow and how much time to plan, so it is probably easier for a local to set a date. He knows where he's going. It also depends on the local is coming from. There really is no true local when talking about Florida beach communities. We are stretched along this thin area of coast that can stretch for 30+miles but only 4 miles in depth. We aren't like an Atlanta or Houston. A local coming from Fort Walton Beach would probably like a location in Downtown Destin. A local from Walton County would probably prefer SanDestin. As I said before, though, the locals know how to time traffic.

Which brings me to my next point, what is the client base you are catering to? Primarily locals? Primarily out of towners/vacationers? A mix of both? I still say the best location would be by Destin Commons because it is also near the Mid-Bay Bridge which is the only other major road anywhere near Destin. It links 98 with the "communities" on the backside of Choctahocchee Bay-- places like Niceville and Valpariso and Freeport.
Thanks for your help guys. Based on the flexibility of my pre-bookings and the fact that this is a "work vacation" from my RL job, I'm going to chance it with the beach. Another question is how many beach hotels require KEY access?
Hey Heidi, The last time I stay at the Best Western on Okaloosa Island you didnt need one and it on the beach between Destin and Ft Walton
The beach is great to break any boredom between appts..lol

have fun sugar!!!