Asians and Costco...

...what's the deal there? It looks like the Asian-American community center there today in the food court while I was renewing my membership. Never seen so many Asians wolfing down Kirkland hot dogs and microwave pizza...
  • Seedy
  • 07-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Maybe they are tired of eating rice, and fish. Lol
Sam's pissed them off?
Naa.... he must be at the one off of, Bunker Hill....
Actually no...that confirms my thesis even more...it's not just store specific...

What's the dealio? I mean, I know one deal...there was a group rolling out a four foot high pallet of 20lb rice bags (no shit)...but that can't be why everyone was there...
  • Seedy
  • 07-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Young, middle-aged, old farts?
Actually no...that confirms my thesis even more...it's not just store specific...

What's the dealio? I mean, I know one deal...there was a group rolling out a four foot high pallet of 20lb rice bags (no shit)...but that can't be why everyone was there... Originally Posted by Wakeup
" The Wal-Mart Effect " I have been all over the Coninetal U.S. No mater where you are in the Country, you see the same crowd.

I have never really studied the group at Costco, I have only been in there a few times. But my experience was similar.
Seedy, my take .. Older, most likely mom and pop Asian restaurant owners.
  • Seedy
  • 07-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Seedy, my take .. Older, most likely mom and pop Asian restaurant owners. Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Yea, that is more than likely a good portion of them, but WU said they were eating pizza, and hotdogs. That had to be the younger ones, older asians won't touch that stuff.
Love me sum Katy Costco. There once a week buying chit
Stocking up an AMP?
Stocking up an AMP? Originally Posted by pyramider
Nope, that is when they have the 55 gallon drums of baby oil, soap, and cheap towels...
The overall patrons were of all ages...young to old...the food court was mostly middle aged, some with their kids, but most of them were actually treating it like a community center. Sitting in large groups, etc...
Maybe it was a church outing. Costco's have decent air conditioning.
All the affluent Vietnamese I work with shop at Costco...if they aren't looking for deals on-line.

And that pizza isn't microwaved.