preventing certain members from posting on your threads?

is there is a way (or could a way be implemented) that would allow me as a thread starter to omit certain people from being able to post in a thread i'm about to start? people that i know will have no advise to offer but will most likely post rude or ignorant remarks while staying inside the posting guidelines as to not get in trouble.
  • MrGiz
  • 03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
I certainly understand your point (would be nice!).... and almost completely agree with it.... but the A-Holes you're attempting to block will cry 1st Amendment foul (which doesn't apply here, on a privately owned site). Judging from previous policy decisions here.... I would fully expect A-Hole Appeasement.

I say let assholes be assholes.... and let the rest of the brilliant public make their own decisions!

Giz
Just hit the ignore button so you don't have to see it.
  • BIG C
  • 03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
You can't prevent someone from replying to your thread, and to be perfectly honest with you, I'm not sure I'd be in favor of that feature even if it could be implemented.....I understand your frustrations, but weighing all the options, I think the better approach is to do as Kaylee suggested and use the ignore button so that you don't have to even be bothered with a post by someone that makes your blood pressure rise.....