Lots of Security in Paris Today

Security around the city suddenly became notably more visible today.

Many armed soldiers near Sarkozy's residence (across the street from my hotel), far more heavily guarded then it has been.

Police vans every few blocks. The officers surrounding them are unarmed but a glance into an open van shows that they have weapons inside.

Interesting.

Many questions about how I feel about Osama's death, then I tell them I'm from Canada and they tease me about our Geese
I'm not surprised because the attack on or defense of, depending on your point of view, of Libya.

And, I like to watch and listen to y'alls' geese flying south in the winter.
  • WTF
  • 05-04-2011, 12:38 PM
You keep us posted Lauren.

We are dying to know about French security!

For the record, I was in Cancun when the news of OBL's death broke....I had to fight my way outta of a bar and into a three way with a couple of senorita's. Police with machine guns all over that city. We barely escaped with our condoms!
You keep us posted Lauren.

We are dying to know about French security!

For the record, I was in Cancun when the news of OBL's death broke....I had to fight my way outta of a bar and into a three way with a couple of senorita's. Police with machine guns all over that city. We barely escaped with our condoms! Originally Posted by WTF
I have my second day of menstruation today and a big fat headache with it? Is that also somehow related to Osama and french security? I hope :-( I want some pity....;-(..... I bleed like.... well no details here.....:-) but maybe it is an attack of the al kaida on my ovaries and i could use some french security to help me out here ....:-) ,
Lauren would you mind handing them my email ? (lol)
  • WTF
  • 05-04-2011, 01:12 PM
but maybe it is an attack of the al kaida on my ovaries and i could use some french security to help me out here ....:-) ,
? (lol) Originally Posted by ninasastri

I will do some French security on your ovaries....I love me some ketchup on my frenchie fry!
I will do some French security on your ovaries....I love me some ketchup on my frenchie fry!
Originally Posted by WTF
Come closer .......
I'm not surprised because the attack on or defense of, depending on your point of view, of Libya.

And, I like to watch and listen to y'alls' geese flying south in the winter. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Ah, Libya. I figured it couldn't be related to the assassination, as it would have been ramped the day it happened. Thanks Olivia, it's most appreciated. I'll see what I can find online in the few moments I have available. Beyond the inescapable news I haven't been catching much.

I spent a couple of years living in Libya, too young to remember, but my sibling remembers it well. My family tells me the people were at the time quite miserable with their government. The most memorable story being that drinking was illegal, but often people had house parties with trusted friends where they would share a bottle of wine bought on the black market, or perhaps some scotch. Even those that didn't normally smoke, would find themselves smoking heavily, as officers would check your breath to see if you'd had anything, and they felt cigarettes did a fine job of covering it up.

I do hope the people manage to get what they're fighting for.
This may be the most horrifying eccie thread ever
This may be the most horrifying eccie thread ever Originally Posted by atlcomedy
LOL

It's a shorter history then ASPD, which had FAR more horrifying threads. Give it time, it'll be well out done.

Funny thing about threads - no one actually forces you to read or participate.
LOL

It's a shorter history then ASPD, which had FAR more horrifying threads. Give it time, it'll be well out done.

Funny thing about threads - no one actually forces you to read or participate. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
That is true, but this is D&T where people pretend to be sophisticated :-) some threads are probably better off in another forum :-). No offence. I love to participate in all threads and i think people have a right to say if they feel some information is worth it or not, i think if people only say things that are adjusted to our own feelings then we never learn anything and that is what discussions are there for, right? ..
Are the french security guys hot at least ? :-) Photos :-) (lol) I am a sucker for men in uniforms and business suits.....I hope you had fun in Paris, its one of my favourite cities. Have you been dining in the Eiffel Tower? That is where i mostly eat .