Proud to be a Kansan

Ok, I know this will piss some of you off, but I want to congratulate Governor Brownback on this decision. Proves he isn't all bad.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7781U720110809

I hardly think this is something to congratulate Brownback for.

It looks like politics as usual to me.
+1 to Starry69

How 'bout the Governor allowing the rest of us access to his health plan? Just like those idiots in DC, who have some of the best major med plans available (search Lindsey Graham's interview some time ago), these moronic politicians just don't get the disconnect here. They all have access to multiple plans but are all too willing to deny access for their constituents. Maybe he should work for the people of KS more and quit attending Rick Perry rallies.
Throw the bums out, all 537 of them! Novemebr 2012 is just around the corner. Get mad and get even!

May as well congratulate him for cutting school funding and other cuts that have
hit other Kansans hard. Maybe they will cheer with you.
If you guys only knew what these bastards do, last year for my kids school they were floating around the idea of combining 1st & 2nd grades. Then they wanted to close a school about ac work that ended up costing only 150k. So when they say bullshit like their giving back money remember their taking money from some else. Let the bastards show they care by taking a pay cut.

And for those who say why should my taxes pay for your kids schools just remember I don't use the bike trails, rarely use the parks, never use public buses or a whole host of things that you use that I pay with taxes that I don't use.

Thank you for letting me vent my concerns
Yeah cheaper. We fund many things we never use. Taxes so the politicos, school bigwigs, and heads of all these agencies that disperse our money can live the good life. We can't even drive smooth streets these days because they are all buckling from neglect. Then DC sits around and jacks off while the rest of us simmer about jobs, economy etc. There has to be payback in 2012. Otherwise we deserve what we
get.
  • KCJoe
  • 08-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Aren't these exchanges meant to help those without health insurance get affordable insurance or those with health insurance get more affordable insurance? what Brownback did was to say to those w/o insurance, "you don't deserve health insurance, hurry up and die".
Was Guilani wrong to turn down a check from an Arab sheik? That money could have helped so many people but there was a principal involved. There is principal involved here. Yes, I do utilize public services (highways, roads, schools, etc) from my tax dollars but I do not utilize bike trails, bus lines, welfare, free daycare that I also pay for. I daresay that many of those who use these services didn't pay much in taxes for them.

Federal money is like a drug. Brownback is taking Kansas cold turkey.
If Brownie had rejected funding for some pork barrel project, I would agree with COG. However, it's far from that. The funding was sought by the State in 2010 (under a different administration...hmmmm) to develop a "model" online exchange for us to access and compare health insurance plans/rates. Without the grant we will still need to develop our own exchange or use something the Feds come up with. The Kansas politicos say they will still develop there own exchange with other, undefined, grant money. They also said the Federal money came with too many, and again undefined, strings attached. Yeah...you're doing a heck of a job Brownie (where have we heard that before?). How was your trip to Houston to see your buddy Rick Perry? Talk about a couple of wankers!
If you guys only knew what these bastards do, last year for my kids school they were floating around the idea of combining 1st & 2nd grades. Then they wanted to close a school about ac work that ended up costing only 150k. So when they say bullshit like their giving back money remember their taking money from some else. Let the bastards show they care by taking a pay cut.

And for those who say why should my taxes pay for your kids schools just remember I don't use the bike trails, rarely use the parks, never use public buses or a whole host of things that you use that I pay with taxes that I don't use.

Thank you for letting me vent my concerns Originally Posted by Cheaper2buyit
They've probably read your posts and decided that the education system is hopeless anyway.
I haven't been this proud since Topeka voted to make creationism a school subject right along with evolution.

I am not proud our governor decided kicking ourselves in the teeth was good public policy. From now on, his proper name should be "Gov. Wanker"
I haven't been this proud since Topeka voted to make creationism a school subject right along with evolution.

I am not proud our governor decided kicking ourselves in the teeth was good public policy. From now on, his proper name should be "Gov. Wanker" Originally Posted by Bartman1963
That brings back memories. How about Kay O'Connor, Phil Kline, more recently Kris Kobach. Wonder if his middle name begins with a K.
For the older guys, remember Vern Miller? He tried to keep airlines from
serving drinks when they flew over Kansas back in the real dry days.
Still somewhat dry with 3.2 beer available in stores.
+1 to Starry69

How 'bout the Governor allowing the rest of us access to his health plan? Just like those idiots in DC, who have some of the best major med plans available (search Lindsey Graham's interview some time ago), these moronic politicians just don't get the disconnect here. They all have access to multiple plans but are all too willing to deny access for their constituents. Maybe he should work for the people of KS more and quit attending Rick Perry rallies. Originally Posted by Sleepyhollow
All you have to do is be a state employee. The governor has the same state employee benefits that any other state employee has. The same BC/BS, the same HMO if that's the one he chooses, the same cafeteria plan. He and his family also have the same 60 day waiting period after hiring before he's eligible for state benefits. The state workers out flagging traffic in the construction zones have access to the exact same insurance the governor has.

The KS Governor's salary ranks 36th compared to the rest of the governors at about 110,000.

Jack

http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/...ernment_salary
Was Guilani wrong to turn down a check from an Arab sheik? That money could have helped so many people but there was a principal involved. There is principal involved here. Yes, I do utilize public services (highways, roads, schools, etc) from my tax dollars but I do not utilize bike trails, bus lines, welfare, free daycare that I also pay for. I daresay that many of those who use these services didn't pay much in taxes for them.

Federal money is like a drug. Brownback is taking Kansas cold turkey. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
And he's not the first or only governor to do it. Oklahoma has done the same thing.

Money from DC never comes without strings and this had HUGE strings. If it was accepted the "exchange" was going to be basically dictated by the politicians in DC. By refusing the money the state of KS (and OK) can work on their own exchange, their own way, without (or at least with less) federal interference.

Besides that, WTF good is that money going to do except line the pockets of some obscure consulting firms pockets? None of it was going to actually go to providing any health care, or to help anybody. It was ALL to be spent to create yet another bureaucratic boondoggle that will just add to the weight of the collapse when this house of cards comes down.

Jack