Are “deposits” an ABSOLUTE scam?

I’ve been out of the game for a while and used to peruse the risky sites for providers. I’m in a bit more cautious place and want to see reviews. Talked to a lot of girls lately and most of them, save for a couple, ask for half to secure my date. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it because it seems fishy, as does the whole gift card thing.
Not sure what all to trust other than just come in here and look for providers that are reviewed. I did find one that seemed legit on LC , had pics of a few reviews from there but I go to find the actual reviews and nothing is there. Boom, another bust.
I DO see a lot of girls that are reviewed on here that have ads found on LC, so I’m trying to figure out how to trust the ones I find myself on there? Some of the providers seem to get pissy when you ask for other reviews. What gives?
Yes there are scams for deposits and this is a shame .
I ask for deposits & not every one will ,But that's okay I just move on or if I feel screening is what I'm looking for and he's upstanding member I will forgo it ...
You just need to do YOUR HOME WORK on the provider
LC=Not sure is such a good site and giving a deposits. I would stay with
P411 ECCIE PacePro TRTYS OH2 .But there are scams on all sites

Heck I get scam text every day in the business, guys wanting a NS dating by texting and he will send me his paycheck to deposit in my bank act and then I can send what's left over to his Granny LOL ..

Others will tell you to never give us deposits !
You have to decide for yourself
Deposit at your own risk (peril)...just sayin.

Never paid one, never will. Doing just fine.
This is kind of my thoughts, I’m not the kind of person that willingly throws money away and I dislike not getting what I pay for….honesty goes a long way. I realize they may be trying to protect themselves and prevent a time waster and I’ve even tried to offer astonishing reviews here on ECCIE but they don’t seem to care, which tells me that it’s more than likely a scam. You’d think a legit provider would want their name reviewed in places where it would be seen….
  • jan-w
  • 12-30-2022, 01:02 PM
No, deposits aren't an absolute scam but I'd never pay one and I wouldn't advise anyone to pay one, particularly if it's linked to your real identity.

I've never understood why some guys pay deposits. There's nobody I absolutely have to see. If she requires deposits, I just forget about her and move on. I mean, truthfully, they all have the same basic equipment and getting your rocks off always feels great no matter who it's with. Whether it's skinnies or fatties, tall or short, black, brown or white, blondes, brunettes or redheads, I'm going to enjoy myself. But it will be on my terms.
Absolutely.

Any hooker who asks for deposits and has always shown up? Kudos. But guess what, when shit hits the fan, her manager changes or bad habits emerge, that'll change real fast.

Never ever pay a deposit on a hooker.
An “absolute” scam? No. A very high chance to be a scam, yes. There are reputable women like Gina that you can put one down and you won’t regret it. Unfortunately, there are also reputable women who will disappear on you, such as a recently reviewed lady in the Encounters forum. (I can’t remember if that was in the ROS so I’m intentionally leaving the name anonymous.)

I’ve never put down a deposit and never will personally, but from my experience reading reviews of guys who have, the biggest factor is if the lady is 1) a member of a review board and 2) has a presence on it. If those both have yes answers, she likely cares about her reputation and you can feel more comfortable about it. You can also just see one of the many newbie friendly ladies that don’t require deposits to build up your references and then skip the deposit discussion altogether.
i never ask for deposits.just check reviews on eccie to see how many the girl has to see if she is reliable--i have385 reviews
  • R.M.
  • 12-30-2022, 04:46 PM
If there's a gent that is reaching out to me and has a bad reputation for no shows, time wasters etc.

In my opinion deposits are created for those types of gents and you bet I will ask for one.

If you are a gent that uses manners and has a great reputation then no deposit.

Remember the deposit goes towards the donation.
Besides the risk of losing your money any electronic transfer of funds comes with an electronic bread crumb trail. Cash does not come with that risk, assuming you do not go straight to the appointment from an atm.
Yes! Any other questions?
I have gotten by just fine without ever paying one.
Deposits are an intelligence test just like the clot shot is.

Do as you're told and you've failed. For only the purebloods shall inherit the earth.

#DiedSuddenly

"Going forward you can quote me on that".
Absolute? Of course not. Most likely? Yes
nothing s 100%. So your not going to get scammed 100% of the time. But rest assured you wl get scammed a majority of the time. As why they want it. The answer are absurd most of the time, IMO. I tell them I will give them the deposit in person, place it in their hand, just name a place to meet. You will also notive that the one asking for a deposit NEVER say so in their ad. One told me that it was to assure I showed up. So, I responded with, since you want assurances, so do I that you will show up.