How to COP PROOF your phone

Just drop it in water.
guess that would work too
Nice, reposting in Kansas City with a mention to you for original post
I don't remember if the S4 has it, but the Note 3 was supposed to have the feature where if you're at home you just have to swipe the screen to "unlock" it, but once you leave the "safe area" you setup, the phone will be password or pattern protected. This could be a feature of some new phone/release of Android, I don't care enough to look it up but I thought it was a neat feature.

Also the part about him saying the police can't compel you to give up the password isn't so cut and dry, there is legal precedent for courts ordering people to give up their encryption passwords.
contempt id be in......or have my iT admin wipe it remotely.
Exactly, if you’re sitting there in handcuffs, and a cop is trying to open the phone logs, and it happens to melt just then, how can they accuse you of evidence tampering? They were the ones jacking with it.
Always let a friend know where you “are”. Is that not a basic safety protocol?
The new iPhone 5S can be set up (Stock) for biometric fingerprint passwording, so no fingerprint: no access to the phone.
  • LNK
  • 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM
The new iPhone 5S can be set up (Stock) for biometric fingerprint passwording, so no fingerprint: no access to the phone. Originally Posted by sketchball82
So when they hold you down and swipe your finger on it, voila, phone unlocked.

On a somewhat related note, you can also use your nipple to unlock the iPhone 5s. Or maybe use the provider's nipple.
So when they hold you down and swipe your finger on it, voila, phone unlocked.

On a somewhat related note, you can also use your nipple to unlock the iPhone 5s. Or maybe use the provider's nipple. Originally Posted by LNK
You can cross it with a normal passcode too. It prevents them from just guessing 1 at a time until they unlock your phone. A 4 digit pin only has 10,000 possibilities. Might take a day or two, but if they want in your phone they'll get in. If you have to swipe a fingerprint every time they type in a code, it fouls up the whole process.

EDIT: This of course assumes that your phone is not set up to erase itself after 10 guesses, which is the technique I use.
With stuff like "Cell police" being advertised on tv chances are some of our phones may be watched without our consenting knowledge. If I wanted to make my smart phone private I'd probably take measures to cut the signal alltogether.
  • LNK
  • 11-07-2013, 12:25 PM
You can cross it with a normal passcode too. It prevents them from just guessing 1 at a time until they unlock your phone. A 4 digit pin only has 10,000 possibilities. Might take a day or two, but if they want in your phone they'll get in. If you have to swipe a fingerprint every time they type in a code, it fouls up the whole process.

EDIT: This of course assumes that your phone is not set up to erase itself after 10 guesses, which is the technique I use. Originally Posted by sketchball82
You've got a pretty good chance, statistically speaking, of guessing J. Random User's 4 digit pin in under 10 tries. More like 1 in 4 or 5.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-e...130143629.html
Fingerprint I-phones are terrible idea if you are interested in protecting information. Fingerprints can be collected as evidence without a warrant. It is better to use the password protection !

http://www.imore.com/court-rules-cop...-unlock-iphone
Fingerprint I-phones are terrible idea if you are interested in protecting information. Fingerprints can be collected as evidence without a warrant. It is better to use the password protection !

http://www.imore.com/court-rules-cop...-unlock-iphone Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I agree^^^^