UniqueCarpenter...you might enjoy this

So Im chilling on the porch this afternoon jamming to some kickass classic rock and soulf ul blues when all of a sudden a country music song comes on...WTF...anybody who knows me knows I HATE country music (except for the old classics luke willie,waylon,johnny and george kinda country).......SO I came up with new ways to describe the difference between country music and classic rock/soulful blues

Country music is "kick the dog & gimme a beer bitch" kinda stuff
Classic rock/soulful blues is "slip off your dress & pour me a shot of jack,darling" stuff
Heh.
Nice one Dee.
You know I'm version 2.
btw, I have a souvenir shot glass for you next date.
Check out Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, Hand Williams the third. Lot of good alternative country making a comeback. If you like the old stuff it's making a comeback, if you look.
Country is trying to go a little pop to appeal to a younger gen...give me country from 15 plus years ago...new stuff sucks

Im a classic rock guy though.
101 the Fox and 94.9Fm are the too 2 rated stations in KC and both classic music. 94.9 btw is classic from 70's and 80's
I do like Stapleton...Blackberry Smoke...David Allen Coe {hey dont hate me..I AM a redneck southern gal...lol}

I just hate the new whiny country shit..
It is one thing if the artist has a accent and is from the south but to create a twang to sound more -well barn yard sodimist is nothing i like either as in the new country .

People of english or welch decent sound like they have no accent when they sing so why would someone from the mid west sound like there from tifton GA when they sing ?
I just hate the new whiny country shit.. Originally Posted by DallasRain
Country is trying to go a little pop to appeal to a younger gen... Originally Posted by BigDeal
These are the issues right here.

And Slick is correct, the fake accent thing barely works in movies, not a chance in H E double hockey sticks it works in vocal music.
I luv The Fix.. I stream it sometimes on Pandora at home
Do you know what you get when you play a country song backwards? You get your dog back, your pickup back, and your wife back.....

There is very little country music I like.

Dallas- you mentioned David Allen Coe. Have you ever heard any of his “dirty” songs? They are funny as hell!
Lol Kev.. I like bald wet pussy ..a friend used to sing it at karaoke
I'm generally a classic rock and a contemporary jazz fan, but have been listening to a lot of Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepard, and other blues/rock stuff lately.
Whiz...blue on black is my ringtone!

I have been really getting off to chillin to Buddy Guy
Here ya go Dee,

Dee, here's a country song you might like..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7foqCcOsI54