SOROS UNLOADS STOCKS, BUYS GOLD

Soro's recently sold all of his equity positions in major financial stocks and bought $130 million in gold...a harbinger of what may becoming?
The collapse is coming. People like Soros who know, and help plan these things, will make out like bandits.

Regular folk? We're fucked.
  • CJ7
  • 08-18-2012, 01:51 PM
not that surprising on the eve of a presidential election
He knows something terrible is coming, I will be staying away from the market too.
  • WTF
  • 08-18-2012, 02:33 PM
130 million to Soros is chump change....

Much ado about nothing folks, move along.

Another crazy Whirly alert!
  • CJ7
  • 08-18-2012, 02:47 PM
130 million to Soros is chump change....

Much ado about nothing folks, move along.

Another crazy Whirly alert! Originally Posted by WTF

I instantly thought ...

damn Goerge sold the kids college portfolio ...
So whoever sold him the gold, what to they do with the 130 million dollars?

If gold is better than dollars, why would you ever swap your gold for dollars?
  • CJ7
  • 08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
So whoever sold him the gold, what to they do with the 130 million dollars?

If gold is better than dollars, why would you ever swap your gold for dollars? Originally Posted by Submodo

ever tried to pass a gold brick at the grocery store?

• WTF
  • 08-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by CJ7
I almost shit a gold brick a couple of times but not at the grocery store
He knows something terrible is coming, I will be staying away from the market too. Originally Posted by TheAntichrist666
He must think Obama is going to win. What could be more terrible?
So whoever sold the gold, sees Soros buying it, and knows that Soros is very smart, but yet they still trade their gold to him for dollars?

Seems like if they knew Soros wanted it, they would recognize that as a signal of its high value, and held onto it.

Just trying to understand the gold sellers. Always saying the dollar is a bad thing, but always willing to trade their gold for dollars.
Maybe this is the endgame. You think 130 million dollars is nothing to Soros but what happens when the dollar is worthless and that gold is worth 600 million dollars. Like they say, the one-eyed man is king in the valley of the blind. Soros will be god when everyone else has nothing. He said that he enjoys playing with society. It makes him feel like god.
As a retired (and resurrected) ibanker for JPM in NYC, London and Hong Kong, for 20+ yrs, nothing surprises me.... the dollar will continue to be a safe haven and when Israel bombs the Iranian nuclear facilities, funds will coming running to treasuries and corp bonds..... gold will go up and he will ride the wave and then dump it to lock in profits
To buy more gold at a cheaper price?

Or to buy a gold mine?

Or to buy an ammo factory?

Or to buy all of the above?

Doubtful Soros bought gold directly from one seller, or that Seller (s) knew Soros was buyer.

Depends on the level of profit the seller made I would think.

Note that the OP clearly stated Soto's dumped financial holdings...
Doubtful he bought any of Obama 's junk GM, Soros is smarter than that.

[/B]QUOTE=Submodo;3079362]So whoever sold the gold, sees Soros buying it, and knows that Soros is very smart, but yet they still trade their gold to him for dollars?

Seems like if they knew Soros wanted it, they would recognize that as a signal of its high value, and held onto it.

Just trying to understand the gold sellers. Always saying the dollar is a bad thing, but always willing to trade their gold for dollars.[/QUOTE]
Gold bullion is inconvenient as hell to move.

. . . Every time I try to carry gold bullion to a store, it always tears my pockets!

Originally Posted by CJ7