Simply Put, You Are Not Free

Interesting article on the lack of freedom present in the US. The author discusses Trapwire, the Patriot Act, NDAA and the TSA.

From the article:

I love the United States and my fellow citizens, but our post-9/11 collective paranoia needs to end. Even with more than a decade of distance between us and that terrible morning, we continue to be stripped of basic civil rights by a government that appears to be acting in the interests of creepy "anti-terrorist" salesmen, rather than in the interests of the American people and our founding documents.

I'm not liking where this is heading.

http://www.businessinsider.com/patri...ot-free-2012-8
  • CJ7
  • 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM
didnt you tell me the other day that website is biased?
When you cite an article, it's biased. When I cite one, it's accurate. Didn't you know that, CBJ7?

LOL! It's an opinion piece. I agree with him. You can discuss the article, or discuss me. Whatever you choose.
  • CJ7
  • 08-22-2012, 03:15 PM
oh yeah, I forgot.
Through my many years I've learned that when people agree with me, they are generally right.
Through my many years I've learned that when people agree with me, they are generally right. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Yep, if "when people agree with" StupidOldFart they are Far, Far, Far Right. In fact they are so Far Right they are almost Left!
Any comment on the article, BigSteamingTurd?
Any comment on the article, BigSteamingTurd? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I have no desire to click on your links. If I were to do so, it would only be a matter of time before I would become a StupidOldFart, just like you.

I prefer to keep my sanity!
I came to the realization that we are not truly free long ago.
It has only gotten worse in the last 50 years or so.
Ronald Reagan for all the good he did also did some very bad things that hurt our individual liberties.
They all have.
COG

Yes, I agree. I have been going off on the Patriot Act since it was passed. Barry Goldwater must be rolling over in his grave--as well as all the founding fathers. Where is the supposedly liberal MSM on this topic. If you wanted to have a totalitarian take-over of the USA the firsth thing that you need to do is pass laws that allow you to do so. Well "check" we are there.

It is the worst decision by our country since I have been alive (50 years).

I try to explain to everyone that we don't need the Patriot Act to stop a terrorist threat. The problem with the Patriot Act is what happens after an AMERICAN is arrested. Forget your rights.

Kudos for bringing this up. This should be on the front page of every newspaper until the Patriot Act itself is declared illegal.
  • Dawgs
  • 08-23-2012, 08:35 AM
It used to be for airline travel show up and get on the plane a quick way to get somewhere. Now you have two be there two hours early get felt up or xrayed, have your belongings gone thru in public. Once I was behind a lady and they pulled all of her toys out of her bag to exam. Poor thing was a brilliant red by the time they were done with her. Now if I have to go down to Dallas, I just drive. It only takes me about an hour longer and I can do it on my schedule not the airlines.
As for them searching my home, I hope they like dogs or the dogs like them or it going to get nasty. I know that I am probably on some list as I do frequent the gun shows and have made several exchanges at them. Yes it is worrisome.
It used to be for airline travel show up and get on the plane a quick way to get somewhere. Now you have two be there two hours early get felt up or xrayed, have your belongings gone thru in public. Once I was behind a lady and they pulled all of her toys out of her bag to exam. Poor thing was a brilliant red by the time they were done with her. Now if I have to go down to Dallas, I just drive. It only takes me about an hour longer and I can do it on my schedule not the airlines.
As for them searching my home, I hope they like dogs or the dogs like them or it going to get nasty. I know that I am probably on some list as I do frequent the gun shows and have made several exchanges at them. Yes it is worrisome. Originally Posted by Dawgs
now that is funny, your avatar says "travel by air" and you drive

but I agree, I can get to Dallas in 4 hours without the hassle and only a tank of gas