My hobbying heart is broken

I tried posting this once earlier today but I don't see it, so posting it again. If it shows up twice, my apologies.

Yesterday I was on my way to the bank when I realized that I was in the neighborhood of one of my favorites. On an impulse I called her to see if she was available. She told me that if I could get there by 4:30 that she would see me. Despite Austin traffic I made it, I enjoyed a pleasurable hour with her, and learned a little about bartending I did not know.

Last night before I turned in I texted her with a brief note about something we had discussed earlier. When I woke up this morning I saw her response " it is not acceptable to text me after midnight." I responded, apologizing and trying to assure her that I would never do anything to hurt or upset her. But I also suggested that her response was harsh, and that she could have responded by saying please don't contact me after midnight. Sounded reasonable to me.

Her response to that: "please don't contact me any more."

What did I do or say wrong?
Sorry dude, but welcome to the real world. Everyone's time is up at some point, paid or not.
I had seen her only a couple of times, but I liked her and had hoped to become a regular. I guess she felt otherwise.
Everyone is going through something, you never know where her heart might be at. I have done this before with someone when I was in a sensitive spot and then quickly came back and touched base and apologized, they understood. Your response sounds perfectly reasonable, don't sweat it. If she's as cool as you say she'll probably be back.
Thanks I hope so.
But there are more than 300 women on the Austin eccie site, plus many more outside eccie. So there are most likely many possible favorites.
Chill.....it might have been that time of the month....
sorry if that is not PC...(not really)
Was she someone you reviewed?
Not naming names
She will see you again when the rents due. Btw what does it matter you text after midnight? I know I turn my notifications off before bed. Mainly for emails.
Sorry dude, but welcome to the real world. Everyone's time is up at some point, paid or not. Originally Posted by nuglet
Not Naming Names?
Why not?

Everyone's time is up at some point.
Maybe her BF replied on her phone while she slept through it all.
It wouldn't be the weirdest thing that ever happened among ECCIE folk
I had seen her only a couple of times, but I liked her and had hoped to become a regular. I guess she felt otherwise. Originally Posted by Smpslt7
Your text may have awakened her SO or live-in BF.

Then again most people, with significant others around, will have their hobby text set to vibrate and not an audible alert.

As others have said, give it a few days; and then it will be end of the month and Salmon Run once again.
I don't want to call her out. Like you said, could have been a bf or someone else. Who knows.
If I was to review her I would give her an unconditional yes.
Maybe she just didn't want to see this old fart, preferring a younger monger.
Maybe she misread my texts, or was just not in the right mood at the time.
Back to my original question, what I did or said wrong, I hope to hear that from her at some point. But I appreciate the feedback of others.
  • ztonk
  • 04-23-2017, 02:39 PM
I had seen her only a couple of times, but I liked her and had hoped to become a regular. I guess she felt otherwise. Originally Posted by Smpslt7
You're just another trick...

Since you've complained about her publicly in Coed, I'm willing to bet you've earned a permanent spot on her "never see" list.

z
That may be if I had named her, but I did not name her.
If so, I guess I have to accept it.