Google voice

• gtold
  • 04-06-2018, 11:20 AM
I do hnkt have hobby phone but added Google voice to re phone . I have where I can text using Goole text and does not. Link to my re phone number . Now when placing call it start asking me if want to use Google voice sorry carrier off course I do not want re people wondering why my number has changed and if so use phone not to see the question so i delink phone number so I can text but not call with Google voice number any idea how to allow Goole on some but not really numbers
If you did not do so already, create a gmail account tied to the hobby GV number. Then create a separate user on the phone who has that gmail account (easy with Android). Then switch to that user when you want access to your hobby number, and only use Hangouts, never the phone message or voice apps. You can delete that user at will and everything will stay in the hobby gmail account, and you can add the user to your phone whenever you want. You can also open a web browser, go the hobby gmail account, and use the phone and txt functions there without a phone.
  • gtold
  • 04-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Thank I figure somebody already had inbinvented the wheel