She's awake and her baby is playing with her.

• Devo
  • 03-06-2023, 11:55 AM
Maybe something we can agree upon that's a good thing.

PA Bear cam live, been pretty boring all winter but its not long now till they leave.

Mama is up and her cub is playing.

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/...r-den-live-cam
Thats cool. Thanks for posting!

I watched for a few minutes. That cub is ready for adventure.

Question? Is there only one cub?
Well dang, that is adorable.
Well dang, that is adorable. Originally Posted by onawbtngr546
Wildlife kinda puts things in perspective.
  • Devo
  • 03-06-2023, 01:03 PM
Thats cool. Thanks for posting!

I watched for a few minutes. That cub is ready for adventure.

Question? Is there only one cub? Originally Posted by winn dixie
Yes, it appears there is only one, we were hoping for more, but probably better for the mother.
  • Devo
  • 03-06-2023, 01:06 PM
I am a former hunter, I gave it up because I no longer found sport in it.

One thing I am a huge advocate of, is not hunting, just to kill, I am opposed to PAs current bear hunting law which allows cubs to be shot, there used to be a 150 pound minimum, but hunters found that confusing (Fuck a hunter if he/she can't tell what a one year old plus bear looks like), but, when you see the mother kissing her cub and playing, it makes it even worse.

Bears are intelligent, far more so than deer, and, I hate to see any killed unless its needed for some reason, attacking humans, etc.
Yes, it appears there is only one, we were hoping for more, but probably better for the mother. Originally Posted by Devo

especially in the wild. here it's a breeding program so no predators but in the wild often the mother will lose a cub out of several. male bears will kill cubs. and there are other predators like wolves and mountain lions to watch out for.

One thing I am a huge advocate of, is not hunting, just to kill, I am opposed to PAs current bear hunting law which allows cubs to be shot, there used to be a 150 pound minimum, but hunters found that confusing (Fuck a hunter if he/she can't tell what a one year old plus bear looks like), but, when you see the mother kissing her cub and playing, it makes it even worse.

Bears are intelligent, far more so than deer, and, I hate to see any killed unless its needed for some reason, attacking humans, etc. Originally Posted by Devo

as a former hunter myself i agree. i did not hunt strictly for sport, i harvested the deer meat to eat like the old school hunters did to survive. tried to honor the spirit of it. now did i trophy hunt? yes. went to Wyoming to hunt antelope years ago, yes i mounted the male i shot but i also harvested the meat too.

i'm appalled PA allows cubs to be taken. that's just wrong and it seriously threatens the bear population in the wild which is the very thing hunting seasons and restrictions should protect.

Bears are intelligent, far more so than deer, and, I hate to see any killed unless its needed for some reason, attacking humans, etc. Originally Posted by Devo
Same here 100%! Ive lost interest in hunting but I was raised not to shoot anything that I wasnt gonna eat. Except poisonous snakes and feral hogs. But wow. I cant believe anywhere allowed cubs to be shot.
FYI - Coons and bears are related
Thanks again for posting DEVO.

edit add-- Mom and cub sleeping. I checked Pike County weather and looks like typical early spring weather this week. At least for ya'lls area.
  • Devo
  • 03-09-2023, 02:50 PM
UPDATE:

TWO CUBS, crying like babies when feeding just now.