Another Odumbo gaffe

Barack Obama makes Falklands gaffe by calling Malvinas the Maldives

Only a month after lavishly praising U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron, President Barack Obama ditched him at a press conference in Colombia. Obama’s turnabout came April 15 when he was asked about Argentina’s demand for control of the Falkland Islands, which are home to roughly 3,000 British citizens. The islands are located in the South Atlantic some 300 miles from Argentina.

“Our position on this is that we are going to remain neutral… this is not something that we typically intervene in,” Obama replied to the question.

Obama also mislabeled the islands as “The Maldives,” partly because Argentina’s government says the Falkland Islands should be called the “Malvinas” islands.

In fact, the Maldive Islands are in the Indian ocean, not in the South Atlantic. They are some 8,200 miles from the Falklands.

Obama’s neutral stance contrasts with his fulsome praise for Cameron and the U.K. during Cameron’s state visit March 14.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/16/ob...#ixzz1sDVCB7FR

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83D0E220120416

We should take a stand, in favor of Great Britain.

The claim to the Fauklands is a product of the spoils of war. If we tell Great Britain that they really have no claim, who is to say Mexico can't come back on us and demand that we return most of the Southwest United States to them, since we did take it all by aggression.

Personally, I think Great Britain could do themselves a favor my just telling Argentina they could have them. One thing we learned from the war that the only reason Great Britain fought the war last time was because of National Pride. Because there really isn't much there that is worth fighting over. The vast majority of the inhabitants consider themselves to be British.

Except oil. Mid 1990 reports say that there are usuable deposits that are reachable. Maybe Great Britain could keep the mineral rights.

As for thre President's gaffe. He was probably off 'prompter, I am sure the entire World know by now that when he is off 'prompter, the shine comes off that coin pretty quick,
Hell I bet you had to look it up
Obama is a dumbass.
He even asked how much a Brazilian is worth in American dollars.
Obama is a dumbass.
He even asked how much a Brazilian is worth in American dollars. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I hear you can get a cute one for fifty bucks unless you want Greek
Bet I didn't have to look it up. I knew a couple of guys on the HMS Arrow that was sunk in the last war. They both survived. So I know where the Falklands and the Maldives are. Some legal scholar you got there.
Hell I bet you had to look it up Originally Posted by ekim008
Well, you'd lose that bet, Ekim the Inbred.
Hell I bet you had to look it up Originally Posted by ekim008
Got to love these "INDEPENDENTS".
I hear you can get a cute one for fifty bucks ... Originally Posted by joe bloe
Who wants one for life.