TER radio ad

I was just listening to the Howard Stern channel on XM and heard an ad for TER?! My jaw just about hit my steering wheel. Am I the only one that can't believe a review site would bring that kind of attention to itself?
  • MrGiz
  • 06-07-2010, 11:14 AM
..... Am I the only one that can't believe a review site would bring that kind of attention to itself? Originally Posted by causewaycommuter
Well..... they are a legal business.... right?
I've also heard it on the Playboy radio channel too.
I do not think that kind of public attention will be good for providers or hobbyists, especially the one's with SO's who are on the DL....
Yea that is a little much !!
I'm not too sure what to think of it but they are already getting bad publicity on the news so what the hell.... why not get some on their own terms?

It may be just what the hobby needs in order to start going mainstream??
I dunno...I don't see how that kind of in-your-face exposure can be a good thing. Is the website a legal business. Technically I would think yes, albeit based on an illegal practice. Maybe I'm just a little neurotic when it comes to this since I'm relatively young, married & with chirrens
The CL scandal last year was how I was almost outed... luckily, I had already created alibis for such an event, so I almost effortlessly talked my way out of it. I don't think I could risk another though.

Personally, I don't want provider-hobbyist lifestyle to be mainstream culture. I prefer it to be my secret. It makes the entire thing way more exciting. Plus, I want to do something other than this in the future. I don't foresee that happening if I were to be open about my current lifestyle choices.
Well said Jacquie!

And I hope one of these days I can be one of your secrets ... exciting is good!
Jacquie, What was the scandal?
Heidi I don't wanna speak for Jacquie, but I think what Jacquie is talking about is the sting, busts and murder in Boston that were happened around the CL provider ads.
Stick has it right.
TER has been running ads in playboy forever. I just about flipped out when I saw a TER ad in a playboy @ my ex's brother's house. It was when I saw that ad that I stopped putting my face photos in my ads.

TER, the company, won't mind more people hearing about them and buying VIP memberships. It's the providers, really, who are trying to keep their double-lives secret, who have to worry about all this attention, IMO.