Lizard Lounge...Rest In Peace...(Swiss Avenue History Link Inside)

Rest In Peace...
After 28 years...
So many fetish balls and fond memories...
Beautiful building on Swiss Avenue...
The building has secrets, and secret passage ways...
Please click the link below for Swiss Avenue History...
https://www.sahd.org/history
Thank you for sharing.
sad, and probably one of many small business that had character, which will be replaced by something homogeneous, robbing our culture for future generations.

"the Unites States has only 3 cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans.. everywhere else is Cleveland"

-Tennessee Williams-
I just watched a story on her and how her family was getting Swindle out of the home but 2 men who clime she gave the home to them, But her daughter got the home back
Mary Ellen's 4949 Swiss
"The Queen of Swiss Avenue"
I have a few nice memories in the Lizzard Lounge / 'The Church' back in the 90s. Too bad I missed experiencing a Fetish ball that sounds fun although there were always fetish minded people in there as my alcohol blurred memory recalls.

I remember attending a sold out show there jumping up and down on the second floor and I fucked up the digital projector and the whole concert at least for a few minutes... what I dumb ass I was.
Thank-You to each of you that have taken the time to reply.

A bit of additional information on the location.

The Swiss Avenue Historic District, in Old East Dallas, is a diverse neighborhood containing the finest collection of Early 20th Century residential architecture in the entire Southwest. Established in 1905 by real-estate developer, Robert Munger, it was designated in 1973 as the first historic district in the City of Dallas. It is an official Dallas Landmark District and, in 1974, the entire District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

The boundaries of The Swiss Avenue Historic District include portions of some of the city's earliest streets:

Beacon Street • Bryan Street • Bryan Parkway
La Vista Drive • Live Oak Street • Swiss Avenue