Russia and China Gas Deal - A Giant F-You to America

Although I was very happy with the Obama administration and Eric Holder naming the 5 Chinese Army officers who have been hacking and stealing, I think it really ticked off the Chinese, and helped them to decide to team up with Russia to oppose American power. I think to counter that, we should allow exporting of oil and gas to help our allies in Europe.
Also, we should not restrict the transfer of fracking technology when it will be used by our strongest allies such as Israel.
I think Russia and China see us as too dominant and pushy, and are determined to team up against us. We shouldn't take that lightly.
What do you suggest, JL? Unilateral military intervention?

Your wife really does have your beytzim in her purse, doesn't she?

No wonder you're always so ANGRY!

What do you suggest, JL? Unilateral military intervention?

Your wife really does have your beytzim in her purse, doesn't she?

No wonder you're always so ANGRY!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I suggest we don't piss off a madman with enough nukes to blow us up, unless we are ready for war.
You forgot Iran in the mix JL.
I suggest we don't piss off a madman with enough nukes to blow us up, unless we are ready for war. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Like you, schtarker?
Besides, if the US is attacked, who will be around to protect Israel when the Arabs finally come to get their land back?
Although I was very happy with the Obama administration and Eric Holder naming the 5 Chinese Army officers who have been hacking and stealing, I think it really ticked off the Chinese, and helped them to decide to team up with Russia to oppose American power. I think to counter that, we should allow exporting of oil and gas to help our allies in Europe.
Also, we should not restrict the transfer of fracking technology when it will be used by our strongest allies such as Israel.
I think Russia and China see us as too dominant and pushy, and are determined to team up against us. We shouldn't take that lightly. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
So what are you saying? That Russia and China should not strike business deals together? That if they do it's some sort of affront to the US?
So what are you saying? That Russia and China should not strike business deals together? That if they do it's some sort of affront to the US? Originally Posted by BigLouie
A major deal like this is meant as a public declaration of allegiances, and a new world order. They are telling us that they are free to do it, not us telling them they can do it with our blessing.
Besides, if the US is attacked, who will be around to protect Israel when the Arabs finally come to get their land back? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It is critical that the US maintains its security guarantee with Israel to protect democracy in that volatile region. Making nice with Mr. Putin is the easiest way to prevent war.
Apparently, he is backing away ever so slightly from Ukraine. If Obama doesn't refer to Russia as a regional power, he might not have anything to prove.
Without Israel, there is no homeland for my people so the US must protect it no matter what.
Wow a new world order. Where have I heard that before....
It is critical that the US maintains its security guarantee with Israel to protect democracy in that volatile region. Making nice with Mr. Putin is the easiest way to prevent war.
Apparently, he is backing away ever so slightly from Ukraine. If Obama doesn't refer to Russia as a regional power, he might not have anything to prove.
Without Israel, there is no homeland for my people so the US must protect it no matter what. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Protect it yourself.
I suggest we don't piss off a madman with enough nukes to blow us up, unless we are ready for war. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I'm more concerned with Russia and China deciding they want to trade gas and oil with non U.S. dollars. Iran would probably be down with that. The last thing we need now would be a threat to the dollar as the world's reserve currency.
Protect it yourself. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Treaties in effect now compel the US to protect Israel. Besides, I'm too old (technically) to fight - though I would die fighting for Israel.
I'm more concerned with Russia and China deciding they want to trade gas and oil with non U.S. dollars. Iran would probably be down with that. The last thing we need now would be a threat to the dollar as the world's reserve currency. Originally Posted by cowboy8055
That is a good point. We gain a lot from being able to print the world's currency. Once the rest of the world figures that out, we are well on our way to being a "regional power", although the massive resurgence of oil production in the USA changes everything back in our favor.
I'm more concerned with Russia and China deciding they want to trade gas and oil with non U.S. dollars. Iran would probably be down with that. The last thing we need now would be a threat to the dollar as the world's reserve currency. Originally Posted by cowboy8055
+1 Excellent point.

That is a good point. We gain a lot from being able to print the world's currency. Once the rest of the world figures that out, we are well on our way to being a "regional power", although the massive resurgence of oil production in the USA changes everything back in our favor. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
+1