President Obama's Agenda for his 2nd Term

Mittwit and others have been claiming the president has no plan for the future or his 2nd term. Well, here it is:

Pretty pictures, binders, soaring rhetoric; in reality it's been broken promises, failed leadership, chronic unemployment, ballooning government debt, expansion of welfare state, lies, cover ups, and sleazy campaign.

Time for Obama go go.
That was his agenda for his first term. He was lying then, and he is lying now.
That was his agenda for his first term.. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That's not true. I don't see ending the war in Iraq on this list. And he did that.
  • WTF
  • 10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
That is not a good sign that he is putting that out at this late date.

Or it is a good sign in that that is what the polling numbers show the undecided voters want from him or Romney.
He tried to extend our presence in Iraq beyond the timeline negotiated by President Bush. He didn't end the war, we were thrown out by the Iraqis.
The deal to end the war in Iraq was worked out in the final Bush years....Obama merely administered the draw down....and he didn't do a very good job at that.
On Nov. 27, 2008, the Iraqi Parliament ratified a Status of Forces agreement with the United States that set a course for an end to the United States’ role in the war and marks the beginning of a new relationship between the countries. The pact called for American troops to pull out of most Iraqi cities by the summer of 2009 and set the end of 2011 as the date by which the last American troops must leave the country.
He tried to extend our presence in Iraq beyond the timeline negotiated by President Bush. He didn't end the war, we were thrown out by the Iraqis. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Who gave the order for the troops to be removed? The order that Romney first criticized then praised?
I laugh at all you Romney supporters. SMMFH..........
Generally what you do today is what you do tommarrow. So think about the last four years, if Obama is reelected that should give you a basic idea of what the next four years should be like. Basically it had always appeared to me that Obama just toyed with this country and he candy coated his presidency. Those around him were unqualified and easily manipulated. I don't know what he meant by Hope and Change. To me his campaigne slogan sounded stupid and had no meaning. But it attracted the most ignorant members of the population. People felt they needed some Hope, what hope? and change for what? He didn't deliver either. The guy is a farce and those that vote for him are wishing for something that won't show up
Who gave the order for the troops to be removed? The order that Romney first criticized then praised? Originally Posted by markroxny
It was still Bush's timetable that Obama tried to extend, but the Iraqis refused. We'd still be there if Obama had his way. And Romney is an idiot. He wants to bomb everybody, too.
Generally what you do today is what you do tommarrow. So think about the last four years, if Obama is reelected that should give you a basic idea of what the next four years should be like. Basically it had always appeared to me that Obama just toyed with this country and he candy coated his presidency. Those around him were unqualified and easily manipulated. I don't know what he meant by Hope and Change. To me his campaigne slogan sounded stupid and had no meaning. But it attracted the most ignorant members of the population. People felt they needed some Hope, what hope? and change for what? He didn't deliver either. The guy is a farce and those that vote for him are wishing for something that won't show up Originally Posted by acp5762
You are forgetting where we were when he was running. 8 Years of Bush, debt, wars, recession. 'Hope' that we could get out of the mess that Bush left us. 'Change' in the direction we were going in. We are starting to turn the corner thanks to his policies.

People also forget that when he was elected he said point blank "it will take more than one term"

Memories are short.
If Obama had kept his first term promises, I'd be voting for him for a second term. He made plenty of promises unrelated to fixing the economy, which I have detailed in other threads. Things like transparency, no lobbyists in government, etc.

Since he didn't, he doesn't deserve a second term.
You are forgetting where we were when he was running. 8 Years of Bush, debt, wars, recession. 'Hope' that we could get out of the mess that Bush left us. 'Change' in the direction we were going in. We are starting to turn the corner thanks to his policies.

People also forget that when he was elected he said point blank "it will take more than one term"

Memories are short. Originally Posted by markroxny
I don't care about the eight years of Bush. Obama wanted to be president and he made Campaigne pitches about cutting the deficit in half and ending the conflict in the Middle East. Presidents now are nothing more than pitchmen anyway. He didn't accomplish much of what he said he would and he isn't either. If yours or anyone elses delusion is that he's done a miraculous job over the past four years, well you can hold that thought.
I don't care about the eight years of Bush. Obama wanted to be president and he made Campaigne pitches about cutting the deficit in half and ending the conflict in the Middle East. Presidents now are nothing more than pitchmen anyway. He didn't accomplish much of what he said he would and he isn't either. If yours or anyone elses delusion is that he's done a miraculous job over the past four years, well you can hold that thought. Originally Posted by acp5762
You asked what the hope and change meant and I explained it.

He has done the best he can under the circumstances and we are turning the corner. You have a president who the opposing party has indicated they will block everything he tries to do. It's not easy to get a lot done when that is the case, but he's still making progress.