Definition of Facism (Merriam Webster)

The keystone of the Fascist doctrine is its conception of the State, of its essence, its functions, and its aims. For Fascism the State is absolute, individuals and groups relative. - Benito Mussolini

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power. - Benito Mussolini

He ought to know. Sounds a lot like where the US is heading.
Yes, I read that too. You are correct. I actually double posted because my computer was running slow. I just think we should know the definition of each, including the definition of democracy, and then decide.
Well, someone has to do it. The spelling for fascism is also in the dictionary. I don't understand where you are going with this. We only get to choose between fascism and democracy? I prefer our consitutional republic when it is working right. A true democracy relies too much on the knowledge, experience, and attention of a vast majority of the citizens. You can have a constitution to protect the rights of your citizens but if the majority decided to ignore it then what have you got?
You can have a constitution to protect the rights of your citizens but if the majority decided to ignore it then what have you got? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The United States.
Well, someone has to do it. The spelling for fascism is also in the dictionary. I don't understand where you are going with this. We only get to choose between fascism and democracy? I prefer our consitutional republic when it is working right. A true democracy relies too much on the knowledge, experience, and attention of a vast majority of the citizens. You can have a constitution to protect the rights of your citizens but if the majority decided to ignore it then what have you got? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You have got a government which is ruled "for the people, by the people, and of the people." That's what a true democracy is. If you want Texas to be an independent Republic, then make it so! I'm not stopping you.
Why would I want Texas to be an independent republic? If they did I think other states might follow. I live in Kansas across the street from Ekim (don't tell him I'm watching him).
Really, JD? Across from Ekim? Are you in the single-wide or double-wide?
  • CJ7
  • 10-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Really, JD? Across from Ekim? Are you in the single-wide or double-wide? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

hes in the the VW camper van parked in the alley

Over and out Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie

It's over, or out, NEVER BOTH quit watching so much tv. . Sorry. Huge pet peeve. Nipples will now start using it in all his posts now. Bets, anyone?