One More Definition from Merriam Webster

Why do you do this? Everytime you post, I feel like I might be quized later. The Definition of Democracy is in the dictionary, look it up.
Actually, it's more complicated than a dictionary definition. Total democracy is rule of the majority. Not much different than a dictator. One definition of democracy is two wolves and one hen voting on what to have for dinner.
The founders created a republic as Ben Franklin said and not a democracy. They hated the idea of a democracy. They considered it mob with better table manners.
I totally agree, and I can't find a definition for "Republicanism", only "Capitalism", and here is that definition:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/capitalism

A dictator is one person ruling the majority. So, how does that compare to democracy, which entails the people and/or the majority ruling themselves?
Why do you do this? Everytime you post, I feel like I might be quized later. The Definition of Democracy is in the dictionary, look it up. Originally Posted by acp5762
Because I wanted to find out the difference and why Republicans are against a government ruled by the majority.

We are not a mad mob of people...we are the people.
Because I wanted to find out the difference and why Republicans are against a government ruled by the majority.

We are not a mad mob of people...we are the people. Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie
What makes you think Republicans are against a Government ruled by the majority?