Hobby phone

Alright guys, I need to get another phone instead of using my iphone for contacting the ladies. What is the best option? I was thinking about a pre paid service that I could get at walmart, but I want to hear what you think is best.
Just get one of those $20 phones at walmart, and put minutes on it. Buy it with cash, and when you add minutes after you've used up the first cycle of minutes, only pay cash.

Phones are hard to hide, though... so think of a good place to hide it where the S.O. won't find it.

Another option, is to get a google voice number... and tweak the settings so it doesn't send phone calls to your cell phone until you're ready to call a provider.

Phones are hard to hide, though... so think of a good place to hide it where the S.O. won't find it. Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie
I keep my hobby phone hidden in my Tahoe. And since my wife's allergic to cinnamon, I got a cinnamon-apple air freshener in my vehicle. She doesn't dare go in it.
lol pipefitter, that's hilarious...
Saw your thread and thought I might add these tidbits. Some may not apply to you, but perhaps others might find some item that is useful.
Play safe,
J

Effective 11/23/11
How to Be A Successful Hobbiest
These are just Guidelines. Each person has to find his own level of security and procedures in this hobby!
Play safe, enjoy!

How to Use a Burnphone Wisely
- buy a burn phone (non-smart, pre-paid type) with cash.
- do not register/create an account with any pay-as-you go phones.
- always pay cash for more minutes.
- only turn on the burn phone when needed.
- turn on your phone approx 1-2 hours before appt.
- turn off your phone approx 1-2 hours after appt.
- do not store anything in contacts.
- delete your call history often.

- keep battery separate from the phone during down time.
- if you find an ATF, set up a Safe word for texting/emailing. Find a simple word you will both remember.

Other Useful Things-
- at a hotel incall, always put the security bar on the door and check the bathroom before placing the donation
- be aware if the hotel room has an adjoining door to another room, think about your surroundings and why would a provider get adjoining rooms.
- if stopped by LE, never allow them to search your vehicle. Immediately after LE has verified your ID, ask to leave. If you are detained, ask for and attorney and then say nothing no matter how they act to you.
- only carry your ID and a small amount of folding money on your person to a date. Leave all else in your vehicle.

- create a separate email account for the hobby and do not use the same handle from any Hobby site for your hobby email. Never use your personal or work email for the hobby. Ever!
- handle as much of your communication by email using an on-line web-browser.
- be aware your ISP is required to keep logs of sites you visit. Use a anonymous connection. Search the web for them.
- be aware your computer keeps records of every website you visit.
- if you are signed into facebook or other social media sites they may Slurp your contacts out of your computer. Yes "Slurp" is the technical term.
- programs like ccleaner, or evidence eliminator are useful to cover your tracks from your pc.
- if you have a car GPS and use it to map to a provider, CLEAR its history as well.

Credit for this information go to all the successful Mongers who contribute to our boards.

I got a "go phone " from ATT. It doesn't show the name of the owner. Pays $ cash with the refill card. For hiding the phone that is tough just use your own judgment. It can be anywhere that you think it is safe for you. If you are married and not able to hobby at night I mind well says leave it at your office.
Lol! Pipefitter73 That was too funny : )

yup pre paid cells good choices (These answers are helpful since I need a new cell phone as well to replace my old one)
I got a Trac Fone with cash and skipped the registration page..Completely anonymous Definitely worth looking into..