The economy and the hobby

I wonder if the ladies and gentlemen of ECCIE are noticing a decline in participation due to the uncertainty of the economy. It seems that we are getting quite a few visitors to Omaha (reports show us with low unemployment and good economics in general). Some interesting folks coming our way, but for me limited available resources make me less willing to TOFTT. Still, reviews suggest there is some action.
I think a lot of people are worried about the economy and what might happen. So, I'd say that to a point, some are probably holding back on what they choose to do with the cash.

As for the ladies visiting, it always gets busier in Omaha during the summer months because traveling ladies don't like to hit the midwest during the winter. The winters can be harsh in the midwest and the traveling gals don't want to take the chance of being stuck here during a snowstorm.
I think the "blame the economy" topic is one which is far over played. And, I disagree completely with this topic. Sure things are 'uncertain & volatile', but jobs in the midwest are easy to find, if you know where to look.

I agree w/ Elena in that this business is definately cyclical. Especially for the traveling ladies.
my guess is that since hobbying is pretty much a high end luxury, our community may not be as hard hit as many of my friends and some others are. If you are worrying about yor next meal or paying your rent, hobbying is probably not in the cards, perhaps never was. It is the uncertainty that is probably hurting us the most right now. Who knows what the idiots in DC will do or not do next.
CB
am not sure the reason, but there are over 15 different area codes between lincoln and omaha that just showed up in last couple of days
am not sure the reason, but there are over 15 different area codes between lincoln and omaha that just showed up in last couple of days Originally Posted by 12blue4u
Well what ever the case or route you take be careful, do your homework, and use the right head before moving forward! More and more scams and fake photos are ending up on Backpage in ads. The same old scams that are going on in craigslist are making the way to backpage, they use stolen credit cards to place the ads. Unless you really want to toftt do your research.
I was there during the winter......it was brutal.

It is scary times as far the economy. However clients are still spending money as usual.

Even in the darkest of times people still find ways to buy booze, gamble, and see the ladies.

I think a lot of people are worried about the economy and what might happen. So, I'd say that to a point, some are probably holding back on what they choose to do with the cash.

As for the ladies visiting, it always gets busier in Omaha during the summer months because traveling ladies don't like to hit the midwest during the winter. The winters can be harsh in the midwest and the traveling gals don't want to take the chance of being stuck here during a snowstorm. Originally Posted by MsElena
Lisa Lisa and the cult jam!!!!!! (joke she'll get)

Our winters can be brutal, but that's what the lovely ladies are for.........to warm the gents up.

Get your ass up here.
Gee, and 40 days over a 100 degrees, sometimes quite a bit over wasn't brutal?

Actually the winter isn't usually that bad up here. You might hit 24-48 hours when driving isn't that great, but when you are used to driving on snow and ice, it isn't that bad.