Random Song Lyric Annoyance.. Merle Haggard's ''Big City''...

Greatest artist and writer in Country Music history. But this line makes no sense to me. He sings about quitting his job, moving to Montana.

''Give me all I've got coming to me.. You can keep your retirement and your so-called Social Security.. Big City turn me loose and set me free''.

What is ''all I've got coming to me''? Isn't that your 401k/IRA, and your built up Social Security''?

Or am I slow, and Haggard defines ''all I got coming to me'' as the laconic Country life away from all things material?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKk9FkYu46U
When I was a kid my bff and I thought though a proper AC/DC lyric was “Dirty deeds, thunder chief”. We still laugh at ourselves 35 years later.
When I was a kid my bff and I thought though a proper AC/DC lyric was “Dirty deeds, thunder chief”. We still laugh at ourselves 35 years later. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Hahahaha!

Well, kudos at least, for anticipating ''Thunderstruck''!
Growing up listening to KISS, during the song Take Me. I thought Paul Stanley sang "Put your hands in my pocket. Grab on to my rocket, feels so good to see you Lucile!" Only years later did I realize he was saying "feels so good to see you recieve!"