28 years old

2 Super Bowl rings

2 Women accuse him of sexual assult

0 Prosecuters will charge him with anything criminal

100 Million Dollar Contract

0 Wives*

0 Kids (we are aware of) - contrast the last two with Tiger*

0 - % of people that thinks he exercises good judgement all of the time

I'm not defending his common sense but I will say I still believe in the presumption of innocence. I hate how a woman can make accusations, destroy lives, keep her name out of the paper, then decide (via her lawyer), "well I'm not up for a public trial"

*that is to say if he likes to have sex with a lot of women, who are we to judge...

DISCUSS

& Disclaimer: I'm by no means a Steelers fan
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 09:10 PM

DISCUSS

& Disclaimer: I'm by no means a Steelers fan Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Tiger and Ben are my role models... well not Tiger, least not anymore!
Altcomedy - I agree completely. These situations can get sticky though. The ladies are not looking for intellectual stimulation quite obviously.
One must wonder - can these guys be so stupid? What is it that makes them think it won't happen to them, or that they can simply get away with it? They should all know by now that they are seen as targets by many women. I would suggest they simply pay up front - they are paying significantly more in the aftermath......
kobe and ben strike me as similar perhaps...

seemingly testosterone driven never been told no with a built in defense of she approached me....

what i've always not understood is how the F did mike tyson ever get convicted of rape when the girl went to his hotel room at 2 am and got naked...
  • WTF
  • 04-14-2010, 01:55 PM

what i've always not understood is how the F did mike tyson ever get convicted of rape when the girl went to his hotel room at 2 am and got naked... Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

Iron Mike was not the most sympathetic defendant
One must wonder - can these guys be so stupid? What is it that makes them think it won't happen to them, or that they can simply get away with it? ...... Originally Posted by AvaAstor
For some (not all, the vast majority are pretty grounded) athletes, entertainers, children of privilege, etc. I think it comes down to two things:

1) Incredible opportunity. These folks literally have stunning women throwing themselves at them for wanton sexual encounters. Let's face it some of us have it pretty good, but it is nothing like the world these folks live in.

2) Have never faced the real consequences of their actions. All their lives they have been able to break the rules and people have looked the other way or "fixed" things for them. Even if there is punishment, it doesn't really hurt. Sure there is embarassment & it costs some money, but they just move on.