Socials and partys

I hear women get drugged here.

I have heard it from many of you coed regulars so lets not hide our dirty laundry

I think it would be great to let it be known this is a problem in our community and discuss ways this can be avoided

Now...how long till this puppy gets locked down
You also hear that women scream rape when things don't go the way they want. With that said, I'm sure it happens. Just not every time.
Ladies need to keep track of their own drink and get it straight from the server.
I've yet to witness anything like that at any social I've attended. I've seen people turn up but in my experience both ladies and gents keep an eye out for each other. I've seen much worse at local bars. Don't get me started on the scoot inn...
The socials are invite only hosted at a local bar. The wait staff are reputable and we usually get the same waitress. The socials are private, invite only and the organizers don't put up with that bull shit. While I'm not saying it hasn't ever happened I feel confident around most of the guys there and their non-bad intentions.
Only Austin social I went to was a private one. It was a lot of fun and I didn't see anything like that. I would certainly attend another Austin social. I just haven't had a chance recently with my real world job.
Re-posting response from the other thread now that this one has been reopened.....

Sucks that there is no staff explanation for locking it.... What happened to transparency in actions guys?
.... I've been to hundreds of social gatherings in Austin, Houston, South Florida and Southern California over the 20 years I have been participating in communities such as this one.

I have never heard of a single case that rises to the concern you expressed. Most are in public places and service is provided by a staff not related to the group in attendance.

You are probably MORE at risk out with friends on 6th street than you are with a group of like minded people from here. Members of this community tend to look out for one another.

I've been aware of people drinking too much and regretting their behavior the next day.... but never an intentional act by one member to influence another unless you want to consider every guy in attendance trying to buy you a drink.....

The worst thing I have seen occur as a result of a social setting is 2 people having fun leave an event after having a few drinks and end up spending BCD time together without the terms discussed before hand and a guy saying "I thought we were into each other" when asked why he did not pay.

I don't go to the ones CK hosts locally but I've known the man for close to 18 years and never once heard the kind of issue you refer to being brought up.

Private parties are no different.... I've been to them in homes, private venues, hotels, etc and never once heard of an incident like you describe....

Name some names..... Who told you these things? My bet is you are experiencing "Cock Blocking" which is very much alive and well in Austin. Guys that like seeing you don't want you attending a social and meeting/finding new potential clients... Or ladies could put guys up to telling you that because they prefer less competition.... Either of those two scenarios is far more likely than what you are concerned with.
I agree with others! I have been to many events over the years.. both at private venues or at private houses and have never had nor witnessed anything bad in nature.. besides great looking ladies and respectful gentlemen. Oh well and our favorite male stripper.

I have seen quite a few ladies drink way more than they should have, however that was their choice but have never seen any member male/female taking advantage of anyone. You should never leave a drink unattended or take a drink from anyone regardless.. but this goes for bars and clubs as well. No one is ever forced to drink liquor at these events and are also allowed to bring their own for drinking unless at an event where there is a bar available.

I myself have given/offered many ladies a safe female ride home if they felt they needed it. I feel one should not judge based on others gossip unless you have attended said events and seen something first hand.
..... I have seen quite a few ladies drink way more than they should have, however that was their choice but have never seen any member male/female taking advantage of anyone. Originally Posted by Britttany_love
I think more people let loose at the private parties as a result of being in the company of people they trust to look out for them....

I do recall though that Brittany likes to make shots and pass them out over and over and over and ......

nah.... nothing there.... She just likes to see everyone having a good time...

Not ALL of us BTW enjoyed the male stripper's performances.... Someone needs to cut him off much earlier in the evening in the future!
That's why I drink my liquor straight from the unopened bottle. No cups needed... Just drink it like you're Jack Sparrow!
  • lexy3
  • 05-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Exactly why I never would leave my drink unattended anywhere!

Good vibes xo
If you wear a pirate hat everyone thinks you're a crazy bitch, so they don't mess with you. Seriously, I've never seen a girl get drugged, but I never stay anywhere long enough to put myself in a crazy situation. I might have raped a few men, but that's besides the point. I told them I was going to drug them and they just drank more. *shrugs*

Honestly, I am skeptical of most anything I hear or even eemost everything I see. But, nothing surprises me either. I have had one guy get touchy feely & I simply told him to move around & he did.

I have been walked to my car safely, made sure I had a safe ride etc.
I think more people let loose at the private parties as a result of being in the company of people they trust to look out for them....

I do recall though that Brittany likes to make shots and pass them out over and over and over and ......

nah.... nothing there.... She just likes to see everyone having a good time...

Not ALL of us BTW enjoyed the male stripper's performances.... Someone needs to cut him off much earlier in the evening in the future! Originally Posted by Whispers
Exactly letting loose and enjoying the company of individuals who share the same hobby is the reason these events are put together. I have always felt safe in the company of everyone at any of these events and as long as everyone follows the rules that will never change.

I do enjoying mixing up some yummy concoctions. I have been a bartender for many years so making yummy drinks and keeping people happy is something I enjoy doing. Hostess with the mostess! Shots were always made by request of certain ladies and gentlemen and were always shared with everyone safely. Accepted by those who wanted one and never forced. I have been drugged years ago via a cocktail in a bar when I was younger and naive and would never wish that one anyone. Luckily I was around good friends and was able to fight it off after a bit. So drinks are safe with me

As for the male stripper part.. haha.. that is never planned and quite a shock to us all when it happens. However, most of us prepare for it and last time a private bet was even made based around it.
I hear women get drugged here.

I have heard it from many of you coed regulars so lets not hide our dirty laundry

I think it would be great to let it be known this is a problem in our community and discuss ways this can be avoided

Now...how long till this puppy gets locked down Originally Posted by GingerLyn Harte

Sounds about right to me.