Escape from New York

It is not just the truckers boycott. These examples are what really will hurt New York

Example 1

‘Shark Tank’ star Kevin O'Leary:

“New York was already a loser state, like California is a loser state...I would never invest in New York now and I’m not that only person saying that.”
Example 2 - announced today:

CEO of Cardone Capitol, Grant Cardone orders underwriters to " IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE ALL UNDERWRITING on New York City real estate following $355 MILLION Trump Judgement...

'The risk outweigh the opportunities at this time.'

Cardone Capital's portfolio currently consists of 6,537 units with a total value of over $1.4 billion.
Example 3:

With NY’s anti business environment and its huge influx of illegals, Remington is leaving New York after 200 years.

Remington has been planning this move for some time now. Has nothing to do with recent events. Just the cost of business. Georgia made them a heck of a deal as well. Good to have them in the south!
Correct. It was announced in 2021 and was in the works for quite some time.
https://www.syracuse.com/business/20...100m-deal.html

Facts only matter to some folks when it's convenient.

Grant Cardone is a hilarious example to use as well. Educate yourselves on the man a bit.
Cardone:

Real Estate projects in Illinois, New York, New Jersey, & California now carry too much HEADLINE RISK for PENSION FUNDS, LENDERS & PUBLIC REIT’s.

This will result in an accelerated decline in property values escalating an increase in Loan Defaults. This could roll over to regional banks & worse pension funds who’ve invested heavily in these projects.

Trump Ruling of $355M is precedent threat to ALL real estate investors, home owners, banks & pension funds in USA.
Remington moving out of New York has nothing to do with anything trump related. It has a lot more to do with the NRA declaring bankruptcy. But facts don't always fit the preferred narrative.
Remington has been planning this move for some time now. Has nothing to do with recent events. Originally Posted by winn dixie
I never said it was related to anything recent. I included it as it is symptomatic of NY’s anti business environment
I never said it was related to anything recent. I included it as it is symptomatic of NY’s anti business environment Originally Posted by berryberry
Ok
Example 4

NYC Police arrest Amazon driver after he was attacked and robbed by an illegal. New Yorkers aren’t allowed to defend themselves.

All maga does is continue to post lies and exaggerated bullshit.
These examples are not just isolated to ny. They happen ever Where's.
NYC Police officers ASSAULTED at Randall Island illegals shelter just weeks after horrific Time Square beating of 2 uniform officers..
Remington affects about 300 employees. In their heyday they had over 1300 at that factory.

The town has about 7,600 in it.

It will be a tiny drop in the bucket for the state of NY. Not enough to show as a rounding error.

It will sting Ilion, NY very hard.

It was a historic factory, but also an old one the company hadn't invested in updating. Many portions of the facilities were built in the 1910's. Was capital intensive to run and insure.

Easy to blame NYC liberals, but that part of NY is pretty damn conservative. Pro-gun. It was part of their identity and culture.

Zero to do with Trump or the NRA. This was about being offered strong incentives and a reasonable labor market to build and operate in GA. Yeah, some politics. But look at what happened to Remington in 2020. Then recognize that this move is by RemArms, LLC. And that they license the Remington name.

This isn't the Remington Arms company you might remember. It's just a part of what was left after the company was broken up after bankruptcy and divisions like Marlin were sold off.