First the debate. Now the jobs report.

OK. All but the fanatics believe Mitt won the debate.

Now comes the jobs report:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...st+Articles%29

The report is released tomorrow.

If job growth is weak, does the lead Obama recently built disappear, so the race becomes deadlocked?

If job growth is strong, does any bump Mitt got from the debate disappear?

What say you?
Job growth, just like unemplomet reports, get revised a day or two later but you seldom hear it in the MSM.
If the numbers deviate significantly from consensus expectations, it will be interesting to see whether they have an effect on the race. But the campaigns may have so many moving parts that it will be hard to tell the extent to which any short-term reaction arises from the employment report, or from other factors. It may be particularly interesting to observe the ways in which the respective campaigns try to spin the numbers in order to capitalize on the news or mitigate political damage, as the case may be.

A better-than-expected number would obviously be at least a slight plus for the Obama campaign going into the last month. Conversely, one would think that a poor number would be an unambiguous plus for the Romney camp. But here I have a slightly contrarian opinion. If the report is perceived as a disappointing one, and people get the sense that the economy is getting worse, Obama will try to appeal to economically insecure voters by stressing that he's the compassionate, empathetic candidate who better understands the struggles faced by the middle class and the working poor. After all, he's tried to get away so far with claims that Romney plans to raise taxes on the middle class in order to offset tax breaks for the affluent.

Whether that would work very well is obviously an open question, but I think it's possible that such an appeal could be at least somewhat effective.
Job growth, just like unemplomet reports, get revised a day or two later but you seldom hear it in the MSM. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Usually it's a month or two later. But it will be past the election by then.
That was the experience in 2000. BLS used the September stats for the October report (they were the same the time) and the AFL-CIO was pissed .... its stats showed a significant downturn in jobs for the last half of the year....but the administration was reporting growth.

In addition the BLS changed the methodology of defining and factoring the categories/groups.
Real unemplolyment is still in double digits no matter how many jobs may or may have not been created last month.
It's out spin it...
Come on boys, tell everybody how bad this report is...
Poor Romney cn't get a break- does an great job on the economy debate and 2 days later a jobs report comes out: Friday's monthly jobs report changed the picture of the U.S. economy in more ways than one, showing the unemployment rate fell to the lowest level in more than three years and hiring was stronger than originally reported throughout the summer.

Romney has to be the unluckiest guys because this has got to be the worst news for him- he had all the momentum going his way then BOOM- the jobs report!!!!

And to make it worst- Romney does a 180 on the 47%- sometimes I think Romney is trying to blow this election on purpose- you just can't make this shit up!
And to make it worst- Romney does a 180 on the 47%- sometimes I think Romney is trying to blow this election on purpose- you just can't make this shit up! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Are you saying that Romney was against the 47% before he was for them? And the Wing Nuts said John Kerry was a flip-flopper. Mitt Gaffeney has redefined the term!
Are you saying that Romney was against the 47% before he was for them? And the Wing Nuts said John Kerry was a flip-flopper. Mitt Gaffeney has redefined the term! Originally Posted by bigtex
And Odumbo promised "transparency" and "non-partisanship"!?! Did Odumbo flip-flop, or did he just plain-ass lie?
This jobs report is like Rosie Ruiz. Maybe she wanted to place highly in the Boston Marathon but she cheated and did so well that everyone started looking at her. The administration wanted desperately for jobs to appear but they went so far as to look unbelievable. I am sure that .1 % would have been believed, maybe even .2 % but .4 %? Give me a break. You have to come up with 600,000 new jobs in one month to achieve that! Obama and his people went too far and created satire.
This is about Romney and his inability to hold a position ... Even doggie! Even you remember doggie, DIPSHIT of the YEAR.

OK, here's my third guess, stock boy at Wal-Mart!

As you might suspect, there's a pattern emerging here, asswipe, I suggest you step up and let us know how you make that big American wheel of fortune turn, or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

My suspicion is that you're part of the 47%, wallowing in self-loathing and unable to get into your neighborhood card games ... Or lynchings ... Because you're a worthless fucking parasite... The one house on the block with the overgrown yard and 78 Mercury up on blocks.

You disgust us all!
More dribbling bullshit-blather from the pile of bullshit AKA Assup! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
This is about Romney and his inability to hold a position ... Even doggie! Even you remember doggie, DIPSHIT of the YEAR.

OK, here's my third guess, stock boy at Wal-Mart!

As you might suspect, there's a pattern emerging here, asswipe, I suggest you step up and let us know how you make that big American wheel of fortune turn, or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

My suspicion is that you're part of the 47%, wallowing in self-loathing and unable to get into your neighborhood card games ... Or lynchings ... Because you're a worthless fucking parasite... The one house on the block with the overgrown yard and 78 Mercury up on blocks.

You disgust us all! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
DIPSHIT OF THE YEAR!