Best Barbecue or Seafood in Tysons Corner!

Hope all are safe and well! Being Texas girls we are always looking to check out the best barbecue spots in the cities we visit. Not sure if Tysons is known for BBQ so as a plan B seafood is a good one!
Hope all are safe and well! Being Texas girls we are always looking to check out the best barbecue spots in the cities we visit. Not sure if Tysons is known for BBQ so as a plan B seafood is a good one!
Originally Posted by Winter Kay
I'm from Louisiana myself. So I am going to answer that question knowing I may be the only one here who knows the standards for BBQ and seafood that a Texas girl is looking for.

Easy answer is - the seafood is not flavored enough for you. I promise it isn't and it will cost way more than it is worth. Please do not waste your time with BLAND upper East coast Seafood.

BBQ? Yes, there are a few places that DO make really good BBQ. It will take time to find them though. The good BBQ (the kind a Texas girl is looking for) is going to be found in small mom and pop owned joints that may actually be in uncomfortable DC neighborhoods to visit. Tyson's Corner is an aging yuppy / silly hipster location. They do not know what good food (any kind) actually tastes like. They only know what is trendy. Vienna is nearby and is possibly the only place closet to Tyson's Corner than may have a few good BBQ places. But unfortunately, there are literally NO PLACES FOR GOOD TASTY SEAFOOD in the Northern VA / DC Area but I promise if you DID find such a place - few people could afford or be willing to afford it.
Thank you so much!
not fancy but mission bbq is good
I lived in Houston and got spoiled by good BBQ. If you are looking for Texas BBQ in the DMV then Texas Jacks in Virginia and Hill Country in DC is “good” BBQ. Texas Jack’s was really really good when they first opened. I talked to a manager and asked what happened. He told me that the flavor was “bold” for the area so they are now using a milder wood. Sigh. Hill country in DC is good but very overpriced for BBQ
I’m from Texas and I’m In Silver Spring the Caribbean food is everything
I lived in Texas for 5 years (even reached out a few times to you winter kay )
if you want to travel a a place called monk's is spot on bbq from Texas. it is a bit of a drive but damn near the closet thing I have had since Fort Worth.
Chasin tails in Arlington is actually really good and it’s only ten min from Tyson’s! I get the seafood boil in a bag and there garlic noodles are ��