Learning about BDSM

I am interested in learning about the practice. FYI, I live close to Dallas.

1. Are there any books or websites worth reading?

2. Any recommendations on DFW provider that knowlegeable and good teachers?

3. Also if you are willing please share how you got started.

Thank you!
Hey Lifeking,

There are a bunch of lifestyle websites out there. Google is your friend...and enemy. You'll want to make sure you keep an open mind when you read different sites and the "truthiness" about what they preach. I've always been of the mindset that there is no "one true way"... for anything, but especially the lifestyle. You need to find what works and appeals to you. The rest is educational and sometimes a good laugh too. Oh, and Gor only exists in the novels. It's not real!

Check out Fetlife for a good website to start with. It's a pretty large community and you don't generally have to wade through as much crap as you would on other sites.

When you are asking about a provider, are you looking to be sub, dom, or do you like it both ways? People will need to know what you are looking for to assist in reccomendations. And if you want to be more lifestyle rather than more provider-oriented (i.e. just domination vs. domination with sex (sometimes)), then there is also usually a different group of ladies you'll want to be introduced to.

PM me if you have anything specific you'd like to ask.