The MUST Read Thread

Okay, just got my laptop back and I'm ready to (re)load it up with more junque. I lost @ 8gb of lit (or smut - heck! both!)

In your opinion, what are the top three alternative MUST reads? Title & author please.

When I get them, I'll let you guys know - I always get multiformat - html, pdf, epub, lit, mobi & txt (ie readable on laptops, phones, ipads etc).
Hhhmmm...

Right off the top of my head I would suggest:
The Forked Tongue by Flagg

It's a book about treating people badly. I would suggest that you NOT read it, though. Or do. But he's not the most pleasant person, well when he was alive, to probably be around.

Bad guy. Good book on bdsm.

That would be my first suggestion. I'll have to share with you others when I have a bit more time to think about it!

Elisabeth

Here is an editor's note about this book:

This book is not comforting; it does not reassure. It does not teach anything a decent person needs to know. It is a book about BDSM, but it will teach you nothing about tying knots, swinging floggers or spanking. It does not attempt to reach the vanilla public. This book addresses control, it addresses change. The recreational uses of humiliation, conditioning, psychological torture, hypnotism and interrogation techniques are explored and laid bare, broken into usable steps and understandable, applicable concepts. It is a workshop of ruin, the tools necessary to cement lasting alteration and unforgettable experiences for those few who truly crave them.
BDSM/Lifestyle how to:
The Ethical Slut
Screw the Roses, Give me the Thorns
The Thornbirds (just kidding)
Bottoming 101/Topping 101
The Family Jewels

As for Erotica:
The Beauty Series by Ann Rampling (Anne Rice Pen Name) Or pretty much any book by her before she found Jesus.
The Pearl by Anonymous, 18th century erotica that proves your great great great grandparents were as pervy as the rest of us
Justine by Marquis deSade, probably the best and only work he wrote you need to read, unless you really like his style and what he has to say.
If you are looking for fun sci/fi or fantasy "Speculative Fiction" (what insiders call a cross between Romance and SciFi or Fantasy) check out Linnea Sinclair. Any of her stuff is good. Just the right mix of sci/fi or fantasy plus enough romance to keep it steamy without being a bodice ripper.

And no list would be complete without the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. Completely different from the TV show True Blood (Spoiler, highlight to read: Lafayette dies in the first book, for example), and yet they have a charm and smuttiness all to their own. (Protip: Sookie is a Slut. With a capital 'S'.)

For pure entertainment, I'd say the Gor books by John Norman. Be prepared for 20 page sex scenes and horrible writing. Best read between the ages of 12-18. Still, there is a story in there somewhere, that I found rather engaging.
Once you start skipping the 20 page sex scenes.

Just avoid real life Goreans, the BDSM equivalent of Scientologists. I'm allowed to say that though, as some of my best friends are Goreans. Well, not best friends.
Oh and if you are looking for dirty pictures, imagefap.com + firefox + imagehost grabber addon.