Picking tour dates and towns

I don't know how you gals pick tour dates and towns but sometimes I think it would be good to kinda know what is going on where. For example, Amarillo Texas. A lot of you have toured there and it is always appreciated when the out of town talent checks in, especially for those of us that enjoy many of the activities that are discussed in this forum. In the big A hole as those of us who travel there sometimes call it, there is the largest trade show of its kind that runs from Nov. 28 to Dec. 1 this year. So wouldn't an independent business person think that there might be a chance that many of the 65,000 people attending or working the show might want a little extra company while visiting. If you are planning a trip that way, this might be a good time to do it!
thats good points...but on the downside,when there are larger events going on.LE might be more on the prowl

when I choose a tour city...I cater it to the locals there{alot of them may be my regulars}
Is this just your way of saying "Someone please come to Amarillo"? Ya know I swore I'd never advertise a TX visit, and there are no threADS allowed in AR, sooo I cant say I'm touring all of TX in November.
Cant piss EW off: she'd have me pinned tit to clit, stuffing twinkies down my throat, a violet wand up my ass and whaling me with her new whip.
LOL. Inferring travel plans MIGHT be alright. Especially if said person would tell me EVERYTHING about the event in Atlanta this last weekend!!!

If you're in Dallas in November ... please let's have lunch together one day!

Just a few thoughts about special events in other cities. It's like the Super Bowl, there isn't going to be much action (well, not too much!) because of this being almost more of a family event.

I do know that some would consider a trip to another city if there was a huge convention in town ... but honestly, Dallas has those and I certainly do not see my business spike when it does.

As far as travel in general, for me it's a real crap shoot. I prefer to have a few prebooked appointments before arriving because once I'm there, there isn't good evidence that I've experienced in the past that guys will just call me the day of.

Elisabeth
I don't know how you gals pick tour dates and towns but sometimes I think it would be good to kinda know what is going on where. For example, Amarillo Texas. A lot of you have toured there and it is always appreciated when the out of town talent checks in, especially for those of us that enjoy many of the activities that are discussed in this forum. In the big A hole as those of us who travel there sometimes call it, there is the largest trade show of its kind that runs from Nov. 28 to Dec. 1 this year. So wouldn't an independent business person think that there might be a chance that many of the 65,000 people attending or working the show might want a little extra company while visiting. If you are planning a trip that way, this might be a good time to do it! Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna
Big I would consider a trip if i was prebooked