Would you like to live forever?

I'm quite fascinated with the human obsession over...aging (and what makes human life so fragile)

There's the multi-billion anti-aging cosmetic product industry, surgeries, magic pills, diets,...and so much more! Seems like people will try anything to keep "life"...to stay young...

To go deeper....do you think the 'creators' made a huge mistake with the human aging design? How many other mistakes?

Would you approve of something that allowed humans a longer life span or to stay forever young? Or would you feel it would be messing with "gods" creation, and that it would lead to nowhere...
I'm quite fascinated with the human obsession over...aging (and what makes human life so fragile)

There's the multi-billion anti-aging cosmetic product industry, surgeries, magic pills, diets,...and so much more! Seems like people will try anything to keep "life"...to stay young...

To go deeper....do you think the 'creators' made a huge mistake with the human aging design? How many other mistakes?

Would you approve of something that allowed humans a longer life span or to stay forever young? Or would you feel it would be messing with "gods" creation, and that it would lead to nowhere... Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina

Eventually, science will discover the cause of the aging process and probably figure out how to prevent it. Extending human life indefinitely will not necessarily be a complete blessing. If no one dies, that means that we'll have to stop having children. A world with no children, doesn't sound like a very pleasant place to me.
Ask me again tomorrow.
  • WTF
  • 06-10-2012, 07:26 AM
A world with no children, doesn't sound like a very pleasant place to me. Originally Posted by joe bloe
It does to me!

We are biological creatures and as a result subject to the cycle of life.
If you examine the things that live the longest you will find they are the slowest in terms of biological reactions.
If we take a look at the longest living of all biological crations the longest lived are some trees that are very slow growing.
In the animal world the giant tortoises which are very slow are very long lived.
None of these survive via artificial means.

Very little in the human body is able to be regenerated. We have a built in maintenance system that has the ability to do repairs but not to reconstruct in total, yet.

I am a miracle of modern medicine. Without the research and billions of dollars spent I would be dead. I survived the fatal stage of a disease that prior would have resulted in 100 percent of all in that stage dying. I am not cured but I am alive.

Specific, targeted, medicines are on the horizon but still a ways off. there are some that are tailored to individuals but not to the extent that will be possible one day. The fact is, whatever is developed will be extremely expensive. Just as much of what is available now is extremely expensive. The retail cost of my medicine is over one hundred thousand dollars a year. Keep in mind that BILLIONS were spent to bring this drug to market and the customer base is very small. Also know that the drug company will not deny the drug to anyone regardless of their ability to pay.

The point I am making is that all of this research is adding up on a ledger with nothing on the opposite side to balamce it off. When the time comes who will get to decide who gets it and who does not? The question is, and one that must be answere, is aging a disease or a natural part of life.

We complain about the hig cost of medical insurance yet we expect the insurance companies to pay for "normal wear and tear" on our bodies. Things such and knee and hip replacements, stints because we did snot take care of our body. How much do you think car insurance would cost if we insisted they pay for us not changing the oil, or for normal wear and tear.

Who will be the ones that get to live forever? Who will support them when the money is gone?
Who will be the worker bees?

I want to live a normal life. I want to live as long as my body and my mind can survive. I doubt that it will ever be forever.

Speaking for the 14th Dali Lama.....YES!
Without death there is no need for passion.

WTF, stop eating at McDonalds.
I know right now that none of us are going to escape the inevitable, I just hope and pray that my dick and my mental awareness to use it stays with me to the end.
What do the greatest persons who ever lived, and were born before 1900, all have in common.

They are all dead.
  • WTF
  • 06-10-2012, 05:36 PM

WTF, stop eating at McDonalds. Originally Posted by gnadfly
“No One Here Gets Out Alive” Jim Morrison
I know right now that none of us are going to escape the inevitable, I just hope and pray that my dick and my mental awareness to use it stays with me to the end. Originally Posted by MUSHROOM MAN
are you saying that the ability to zip up is worse than the ability to zip down?

Speaking for the 14th Dali Lama.....YES! Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
No, then that means I would have to put up with your ass forever, lol..........
Without death there is no need for passion.

WTF, stop eating at McDonalds. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Or Obamacare, lol.