QE2 Explained...

That's funny!! Thank you for the great evening Hope to see you again!
PS: What was that site you mentioned I could check how much it takes per hour to buy such and such compared to years ago?
  • WTF
  • 11-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Cute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k Originally Posted by Rudyard K
I saw that on PJ's favorite CNN show (Spitizer)a couple of nights ago. Cracked me up in a sad sorta way.
Cute. Anti American propaganda done for kids. I guess you have to dumb it done for the Tea Party or else they don't know why they're waving their signs.
Cute. Anti American propaganda done for kids. I guess you have to dumb it done for the Tea Party or else they don't know why they're waving their signs. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
Strange how things become "Anti American" when they fall outside of your views.

I guess you folks figure it you just keep saying the other side is stupid that some will come over to your side for all your intelligence. Such foolishness is going to further isolate you.
  • WTF
  • 11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Cute. Anti American propaganda done for kids. I guess you have to dumb it done for the Tea Party or else they don't know why they're waving their signs. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
That shit ain't anti-american! The tea folks are starting to wise up to the fact that cutting government spending means everyone takes cuts, including them.

People are starting to take a look at cutting all parts of spending, including defense. That is a good thing. The Fed and QE2 is a difficult subject for your average voter to wrap their arms around. I applaud anything or anyone who can simplify it. The more people that understand this mess the quicker we will be able to cut off this huge transfer of wealth to the investment banking sector
We're stupid but the gentleman's grammer is worse than a third grader in an outcome based school system.
That is really troubling.

I wonder why President Obama did not find a new head of the Federal Reserve?

I have not been impressed with anything that Ben Bernanke has done for the US economy, but I'm sure Goldman Sachs is quite happy sticking it to the taxpayer!
The head of the Federal Reserve is appointed to a 7 year (I think) term. Unlike Cabinet members, member of the Fed cannot be fired by the President. They can be impeached (I think) but other than that they stay until their term is up.
  • oden
  • 11-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Four years but they come mid term in presidential election years. That gives the President a chance to replace them as Chairman but not as a governor as the term for governor is fourteen years unless impeached.
No, President Obama appointed Bernanke for a second term in 2009.

This is the first time I have differed with President Obama on policy.

I think that was a huge mistake, but I didn't know it then either.

I think he should have chosen someone with more mental horse-power.
No, President Obama appointed Bernanke for a second term in 2009.
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Got it; Oden explained what I was trying to say lol
We're stupid but the gentleman's grammer is worse than a third grader in an outcome based school system. Originally Posted by John Bull
I think you meant 'grammar'.
  • WTF
  • 11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
I think you meant 'grammar'. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
Hey his artman, JB's 'grammer' is good, his spelling not so much!

Now promise me never again to defend Obama for keeping the status quo in that banking clusterfuc. Go outside and say three Hail Mary's.
People are starting to take a look at cutting all parts of spending, including defense. Originally Posted by WTF
I thought the preliminary report from the Deficit Commission was a pretty good shot at that. Of course, they wimped out and didn't identify the fact that we can't afford Obamacare and that has to be the first thing to go.