Can't wait for the lawsuits...

They said the water in the hotel tasted kind of funny:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/us/cal...html?hpt=hp_c1

Is this a great opening sentence for article - or is this a GREAT opening sentence:

"Tourists staying at a Los Angeles hotel bathed, brushed teeth and drank water from a tank in which a young woman's body was likely decomposing for more than two weeks, police said."

I love the sign on the side of the hotel:

I guess the rates will be even lower real soon
Oh my God. I just threw up a little in my mouth. I could have lived my entire life without the mental image of hotel guests brushing their teeth. Takes Seinfeld to a whole new level.
The Cecil has a long history of being notorious. Home to a quite a number of suicides and a couple of serial killers as well as being on a tour known as "Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice".
.....I'll have a scotch and cecil.
Lets show a little respect for the dead girl. Elisa Lam of Canada.

I think I went to an incall there...didn't see her.
Oh my God. I just threw up a little in my mouth. I could have lived my entire life without the mental image of hotel guests brushing their teeth. Takes Seinfeld to a whole new level. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Did you spit or swallow?
and Whatzup talks about being tasteless? (on another thread)
Did you spit or swallow? Originally Posted by acp5762
lol good one!

My Momma taught me that a lady never spits.
Awful. Ever seen what a body looks like after two weeks in the water? Not a pretty sight.

I don't get why they have cisterns on the roof filled with water? Is the hotel not hooked up to the local water supply? It looks like a dump.
Awful. Ever seen what a body looks like after two weeks in the water? Not a pretty sight. Originally Posted by timpage
Apparently not a pretty taste, either.

I don't get why they have cisterns on the roof filled with water? Is the hotel not hooked up to the local water supply? It looks like a dump. Originally Posted by timpage
They are hooked up to the local water supply. The cisterns are not an alternative to the local water supply. They work in conjunction with ti. Most tall buildings have some type of big water tank on the roof or the top floor. The cistern/tank provides consistent water pressure and a big supply all the way down through the building.

As people take showers, turn sink faucets on and off, and flush toilets, the water demand fluctuates up and down rapidly. A pump system could never keep up with the peak demand unless you put in a really BIG fucking pump and a big water main into the building.

If you use a roof tank, you don't need to. The pump just needs to keep up with average daily demand, not the peak. The cistern gives you a big supply to run a lot of simultaneous showers and gravity gives you the pressure.

When water drops in the cistern below a certain level, the pump turns on full blast and refills it (at least when it is not draining at peak demand).

It's the same principle behind the giant city water tanks you see everywhere.

Of course, that doesn't answer the question of how she got into the fucking cistern to begin with. Why wasn't it locked shut?
Lets show a little respect for the dead girl. Elisa Lam of Canada.

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I hope they catch the bastard who did it
...It looks like a dump. Originally Posted by timpage
Well, it looks like a dump because it is a dump!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/cal...tel/index.html

And check their website:

http://www.thececilhotel.com/

An "intimate" 600-room "boutique" hotel? LOL!
"The water did have a funny taste," Sabrina Baugh told CNN on Wednesday. She and her husband used the water for eight days.

omg...that is unbelievable. if you were drinking that water for hell..8 seconds...could you ever stop throwing up after finding that out
  • WTF
  • 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I think I went to an incall there...didn't see her. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You mighta tasted her!