time to trust bust those big companies

http://www.economist.com/node/217072...ments#comments

The rise of the giants is a reversal of recent history. In the 1980s big companies were on the retreat, as Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan took a wrecking ball to state-protected behemoths such as AT&T and British Leyland. But there are some worrying similarities to a much earlier era. In 1860-1917 the global economy was reshaped by the rise of giant new industries (steel and oil) and revolutionary new technologies (electricity and the combustion engine). These disruptions led to brief bursts of competition followed by prolonged periods of oligopoly. The business titans of that age reinforced their positions by driving their competitors out of business and cultivating close relations with politicians. The backlash that followed helped to destroy the liberal order in much of Europe. Originally Posted by economist
this seems to go into cycles. Every 60 years this happens.

Its time to trust bust these "too big to fail" companies.

Its long over due.
  • Old-T
  • 09-25-2016, 11:05 AM
I would agree, so long as it is done with some actual thought, and not a box of TNT.
I would agree, so long as it is done with some actual thought, and not a box of TNT. Originally Posted by Old-T
I was thinking chainsaw. but using TNT is appropriate too.

what the hell do you think happened to AT&T in the 1980's (Ma Bell) the judge in that case used TNT to blow it up.