ISO Clarity: The New Way of Things

I'm glad to see ECCIE back online - but the place has changed, and I find myself confused.

Should probably pause to say "all due respect to the admins and mods" who are themselves struggling to stay on the sunny side of the street and enable open conversation in spite of external censorship.

But the new rules are coming through piecemeal - the forum guidelines don't seem to have been changed to reflect them (or it's presently hidden in the clutter) and new rules are being communicated in stickies and admin/mod postings an comments that are scattered about. It's hard to tell if something that's been posted is a model of compliance, or something that the mods haven't caught and removed yet.

And when there's uncertainty, people tend to assume the worst - and it provides way too much opportunity for misinformation and misrepresentation, candy for the officious types and poison to the rest of us. When in doubt, the best thing to say is nothing.

Or am I missing some singular reference that brings it all together in a clear and non-contradictory fashion so that I can make sense of it, and communicate with confidence that I'm doing the right thing to keep myself and the community in the clear?
All the stuff is pretty much common sense.
There’s no rates or length of time, that could be solicitation.
No money or acts in ads... See above.
No Welcomes, because that where new meat comes in, eliminates any misconceptions of trafficking.
No ISO’s, they are soliciting.
Encounters, because it’s like letters to penthouse instead of direct testimony.
No Encounters - Agency, Other, use the Encounters - Report.
Providers will be responsible for letting you know their rate.
Guys can put rates in ROS but will assume responsibility for that, not website.
+1
All the stuff is pretty much common sense.
There’s no rates or length of time, that could be solicitation.
No money or acts in ads... See above.
No Welcomes, because that where new meat comes in, eliminates any misconceptions of trafficking.
No ISO’s, they are soliciting.
Encounters, because it’s like letters to penthouse instead of direct testimony.
No Encounters - Agency, Other, use the Encounters - Report.
Providers will be responsible for letting you know their rate.
Guys can put rates in ROS but will assume responsibility for that, not website. Originally Posted by WARHEAD
Um, if they don't want rates in the ads, I am sure as hell not putting any mention of it in a review. I used to for compliance in the "fee" section that used to exist, won't start now. Seems logical to keep them off the board for all intensive purposes. I'm sure the ladies communicating to us is no different that 90 percent of the backpage ads that used to be out there without rates listed. Most of the time just a phone number listed. You contact a lady with screening info and her response can include rates. Simple really.
That’s from staff about the rates in ROS.
I don’t care how you find them out.