Favorite Austin pastimes?

After such a long period of isolation I'm ready to get back out there. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do?

Stay safe loves
a drive thru the hill country...stop in :ukenbach...have a picnic at Zilker Park

have fun!
if it weren't for all the boomers driving the ammo prices up by buying everything out, I'd be down at the ranch shooting with the boys. Now's the best time to be outside all day without boiling your brain off. Downside is that it's not good enough to build a tan yet.
Lots of good to great hiking trails around town or within an hour's drive.

Just remember your mask because some of them get kinda crowded.
if it weren't for all the boomers driving the ammo prices up by buying everything out, I'd be down at the ranch shooting with the boys. Now's the best time to be outside all day without boiling your brain off. Downside is that it's not good enough to build a tan yet. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
I've never been shooting, never even shot a gun. It's definitely on the list though!
Lots of good to great hiking trails around town or within an hour's drive.

Just remember your mask because some of them get kinda crowded. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
thanks for the rec! I'll have to do more research on which ones have some water throughout and are less crowded, as I like to take my dog with and she loves to zoom through shallow waters
a drive thru the hill country...stop in :ukenbach...have a picnic at Zilker Park

have fun!
Originally Posted by DallasRain
Where is considered hill country? I've driven around dripping springs a bit and lakeway area and those had some hills.

It's awe inspiring every time, I'm from a very flat state!
lol i was born in bellville tx

bandera,lakeway,marble falls are a few cool hill country spots
I hear you! I grew up in the flatlands myself and am excited whenever the elevation changes.

Go up to Llano for some BBQ. Devil's backbone is gorgeous.

Hard to argue with the drives (close to austin) included in this article.

https://texashillcountry.com/3-sceni...-hill-country/
If you're out by Dripping Springs, you might as well keep going and check out Fredericksburg - Lots of breweries/wineries/distilleries, the downtown has kept it's 1950's vibe, and there's lots of boutique shops. Cute little town.