How are the Houston Texans going to do this year?

Just wanted to get some feedback on the Texans.
I beleive they will make it to the playoffs
10-6, 2nd in the South and a Wild-card spot in the playoffs. Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and DeMeco Ryans get Pro-Bowl nods.
superbowl bound...

sorry, made myself laugh...
They better damn well get to the playoffs this yr .
If they want me to keep buying those damned expensive season tickets!
I think if Matt Schaub can stay healthy, they'll make to the playoffs this year.
TopCat
I agree if Matt Schaub...and other players can remain healthy, they are a playoff team. The problem is that they have always been plagued with injuries and never have a solid backup. This year, especially in the area of QB, they have NO viable backup other than Orlovsky. WTF? This is the same dude that forgot where he was and created a safety when he ran out of the end zone.

The Texans have a really tough schedule this year. If they have another 8-8 or 9-7 year with no playoff hope, I say Kubiak will be history. He's had plenty of time to do what he needed to do. They gave Dom Capers less time than Kubiak.
They gave Dom Capers less time than Kubiak. Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
Since you raised the issue, what was Capers' winning percentage as Head Coach of the Texans as opposed to Kubiak's?

I believe they will be 10-6 and make the playoffs as a wild card.
They're said to have the toughest schedule in the league this year. They'll have to stay healthy at the skill positions and develop a running game to make the playoffs.
FULL REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Sun., Sept. 12 COLTS 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Sept. 19 @ Redskins 3:15 PM CBS
Sun., Sept. 26 COWBOYS 12:00 PM FOX
Sun., Oct. 3 @ Raiders 3:05 PM CBS
Sun. Oct. 10 GIANTS 12:00 PM FOX
Sun. Oct. 17 CHIEFS 12:00 PM CBS
Sun. Oct. 24 BYE
Mon., Nov. 1 @ Colts 7:30 PM ESPN
Sun., Nov. 7 CHARGERS 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Nov. 14 @ Jaguars 12:00 PM CBS
Sun. , Nov. 21 @ Jets 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Nov. 28 TITANS 12:00 PM CBS
Thu., Dec. 2 @ Eagles 7:20 PM NFL Network
Mon., Dec. 13 RAVENS 7:30 PM ESPN
Sun., Dec. 19 @ Titans 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Dec. 26 @ Broncos 3:05 PM CBS
Sun., Jan. 2 JAGUARS 12:00 PM CBS
By the time Cushing get's back he'll be frothing at the mouth, I feel sorry for guy who get's hit from him.
There running game should be better so that will help protect Schaub.
Owen Daniels will be ready and Jacoby Jones looks like he has finallly matured enough to maybe start.
The suspension of Cushing hurt but they have time enough to get someone ready
I hear Addibi may have the inside track on the Strong OLB position.
Texans have better depth going into this season.
I also believe Connor Barwin will have a good year.
That's a helluva schedule. I can't pick more than about 5 sure wins. They are going to have to step up their game to compete in the division.
The passing game is solid and they should only get better as long as Schaub stays healthy.
The running game has to come together and hopefully the RB's will understand the zone blocking scheme well enough to stop the dancing and run north and south. They showed brief signs of "getting it" at the end of last year.
Special teams could be a question. We can't afford to not score points on missed opportunities. There are enough skilled players to make coverage and return teams solid, make some big plays and stop opponents from getting easy points.
Defense is the real question. Can they come together as a unit and dominate
games? They have all the talent in the world but haven't found the chemistry that makes a good defense great. Defensive line, as usual, is what will make the difference.
With the overall talent they are definitely capable of making the playoffs.
I like Kubiak. He is a good pro coach but if they hit their bye week any worse than 4-2 Kubiak might be gone by the time they come back.
Defense is the real question. Can they come together as a unit and dominate games? They have all the talent in the world but haven't found the chemistry that makes a good defense great. Defensive line, as usual, is what will make the difference.. Originally Posted by boardman
Agreed. The ability of the line to put pressure on QB (read: Manning) without having to blitz the LBs will be the key to the season. With the secondary as starved for experience and top-teir talent as it is, this will free up our speedy and tough LBs to drop back in coverage. Okoye needs to justify his 1st round pick this year. He's been underachieving, even for a youngster. Also the development of Kareem Jackson at CB will be equally important.
Okoye has dropped weight so he can be quicker off the line he's at 283 lb.
The rest of the d-line worked out this off season to drop weight and get stronger and quicker.
The first game (Indianapolis Colts) will tell us what they really have.
If they can get to Manning the can get too the rest of the Quaterbacks in the NFL
11 - 6. And if we go 1 & 1 with the colts, we take the division.
FULL REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Sun., Sept. 12 COLTS 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Sept. 19 @ Redskins 3:15 PM CBS
Sun., Sept. 26 COWBOYS 12:00 PM FOX
Sun., Oct. 3 @ Raiders 3:05 PM CBS
Sun. Oct. 10 GIANTS 12:00 PM FOX
Sun. Oct. 17 CHIEFS 12:00 PM CBS
Sun. Oct. 24 BYE
Mon., Nov. 1 @ Colts 7:30 PM ESPN
Sun., Nov. 7 CHARGERS 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Nov. 14 @ Jaguars 12:00 PM CBS
Sun. , Nov. 21 @ Jets 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Nov. 28 TITANS 12:00 PM CBS
Thu., Dec. 2 @ Eagles 7:20 PM NFL Network
Mon., Dec. 13 RAVENS 7:30 PM ESPN
Sun., Dec. 19 @ Titans 12:00 PM CBS
Sun., Dec. 26 @ Broncos 3:05 PM CBS
Sun., Jan. 2 JAGUARS 12:00 PM CBS Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN

Aaahhh!! And the talk of football begins. TY Dear_John for posting the schedule. I lost mines and couldn't find the new schedule via internet. But I say at least playoff bound...otherwise Kubiak is gonna get FIRED!!