is this gonna affect eccie?

I took a screen shot but its too big and I'm on my phone and can't really help it.
But if anyone has p411 can you post their latest notice about the new law in Canada passing soon which will basically "maybe" shut down their ad board. I want to know if it is an eccie matter also.
FYI its under messages and ". P411 notices"
  • savak
  • 10-20-2014, 02:23 PM
this site is based out of rorikstead in whiterun

were safe here
Hahahah whiterun. Where might that be? =o
But awesome.
That's the first bummer I've ever heard out of Canada. Lol.
ISidenote: I like how south park draws canadains..
The p411 message said they will have to shut down their provider Ad site and activities lists in profiles. p411 itself will remain intact.

And no, Canadian law does not directly affect ECCIE.

So who sent a bunch of Puritans to Canada...?
I don't hobby in Canada
The Canadian laws do not affect anyone or anything that is not in Canada. P411, however, IS in Canada. Eccie is not.

When the new law goes into place, we have to take steps to ensure there is no advertisement of sexual activities on the site. It will be a minor change (for the most part), and we are tossing around options that will allow the Ad Board to remain.

Always,
Gina
The Canadian laws do not affect anyone or anything that is not in Canada. P411, however, IS in Canada. Eccie is not.

When the new law goes into place, we have to take steps to ensure there is no advertisement of sexual activities on the site. It will be a minor change (for the most part), and we are tossing around options that will allow the Ad Board to remain.

Always,
Gina Originally Posted by GinaXXX

Sounds like it could be similar to Eros, where you can't make any reference to any sexual activity. All ads are revised by the staff prior to be posted. I can't imagine it continuing to be a free service if it takes that amount of manpower.

Camille
Sounds like it could be similar to Eros, where you can't make any reference to any sexual activity. All ads are revised by the staff prior to be posted. I can't imagine it continuing to be a free service if it takes that amount of manpower.
Correct.

However, it appears the law will be written in a way that prevents us from knowingly allowing the mention of sexual activities. In which case, the activity list would definitely be removed and as long as we make a real effort to keep the site free from graphic content, removing those who don't follow the rules, methinks we'll be fine.

Once the law goes into place, we'll be consulting with our very good legal team and deciding what is best for the site as a whole. The most important thing is for us to operate in a legal and aboveboard manner, anything otherwise is just not smart and will not happen.

Always,
Gina