I was encouraged to (re)post this

• Paven
  • 07-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Well actually it's time for a new computer. The J key fell off the other day lol and I'm sure there is still some Maui dust in it as well lol. I got it in 2006 and its seen better days .
Pave, good luck on the machine replacement.
Paven, sounds like you have an answer. Maybe not the one you wanted, but an answer.
Good luck on the shopping.
Finally had a chance to use safari on here and as disgusting as it is to say this, no 400 error (granted I was looking as a guest, when I used safari).

How do I fix this so it doesn't do the same lack of 400 errors with firefox? I've already upgraded to what was the lastest version 16 hours before I started this thread (the problem has gone on for weeks and still happens).
As with Paven, the problem seems to be in your machine or browser. If you had the error with Version x of Firefox and then you upgraded to Version y and you still have the error, the error is in your browser.

Firefox has cached some cookie or syntax code that has become corrupted and screws up the address to eccie. Hence the 400 error. There are several free cleaners that will do this. I use CCleaner.

Do a little internet research and see what solutions are offered and try those.
Good luck,
  • Mokoa
  • 07-17-2011, 01:03 PM
The following are all good free tools for keeping the computer clean and free of malicious code as well as other nasty stuff.

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Revo Uninstaller

Avast! Antivirus

Zone Alarm Firewall

My computer is just as old, if not older, than Paven's. It has an 3 Ghz Intel Celeron processor and runs Windows XP. I use Firefox 3.6.18. So far, it is stilling running fast and pretty much issue free. The key here is proper maintenance. Some of the tools I mentioned above should be run regularly. Once a week. Once every two weeks. Whatever you choose, stick to it. You will avoid a lot of hassles. Do not let the stuff in the temporary file areas and caches accumulate.
Well actually it's time for a new computer. The J key fell off the other day lol and I'm sure there is still some Maui dust in it as well lol. I got it in 2006 and its seen better days . Originally Posted by Paven
paven, a suggestion - when you get your new computer, donate your older one to a non-profit or community org. just be sure to wipe all traces of your Paven-ness from it.
Donating to a non-profit sounds like a great thing, but unfortunately that is not always as easy as it sounds.

The non-profits are finding that they are just inheriting old machines. They can not spend the funds/time to have them upgraded/updated, etc.

A suggestion is to take it to a reputable Recycler. (after you remove the Paven-ness).

Just a thought.......
  • Paven
  • 07-19-2011, 07:58 AM
I'll probably just end up keeping it, since it's saturated with my Paven-ness lol.
"Saturated with my Paven-ness" conjures up so many sexy mental images!!!
Good luck to ya!
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E400.html

I would read the ENTIRE passage about 400 errors. It's a generic error code.
It's like dealing with Java errors, they're very hard to figure out. But definitely consider reinstalling the browser. And make note if the error occurs in other places beside ECCIE.