The New Theatre

Has anyone been to The New Theatre in Overland Park, KS?
Does anyone know of any other dinner/movie or play places like that in KC?
Has anyone been to The New Theatre in Overland Park, KS?
Does anyone know of any other dinner/movie or play places like that in KC? Originally Posted by DestinyInKC
I have

food is awesome, great shows, comfy atmosphere. Occasionally you can catch a stage show with Hollywood veterans in the lead cast. I have not been back yet but I want to. It is more if I had a date, especially if I had the beautiful and sexy Destiny on my arm that evening
Yes, a couple times, Griz is correct, very nice place to take a friend to. A bit of a drive though. I've also been to the one up in Excelsior Springs a few times and although smaller, it holds its own. And there's a freelance group that does murder mysteries at various restaurants (that have banquet rooms) that had a writeup in Pitch early summer. There's a new movie/dinner place in Prairie Village somewhere. Screenland theatre in the Crossroads district (full kitchen and bar) has private events (moving to a larger building at 17th & McGee spring 2014) point being those folks throw a nice gig.
could anyone provide links to ones other than the new theatre? I know the link to that one but would like to explore my options since the tickets can be pricey sometimes.
I just made Reservations in Jan...
When I was growing up I worked at the Waldo location.
That's when they owned the one off of Main.
When the Brothers closed that one they moved to OP.
as far as I know, the shows and food are great.
but you have to understand the seating and tables.
you want to be about 5 to 6 row's back, and center the best you can.
Thank you for the advice Helicopter! I heard they once had a Greece show (one of my favorite movies) which is what got me interested although I doubt they will ever do Greece again, just my luck lol.
I am thinking of buying my grandmother tickets for her Christmas present I think she would really enjoy it. Still deciding though. She would much prefer a play over a movie.

Do you know if there is a lot of walking involved?
I did not think their was to much walking involved and if I remember right your waitstaff will help the elderly with limited mobility through the line.
ok good!
I've been a season ticket holder for years at The New Theatre Restaurant. Always a great evening with great food and drinks. Some shows are better than others. Buddy Holly Story last season was totally kick ass. Smokin' Joe's Cafe this season will be, too. I've had the privilege of taking a couple of my ATFs to a few productions.
I saw on the site the titles of the plays coming but how do I look them up to see what they are about? I want to know if i think she would be interested in it before I purchase tickets
Google the title of the play. You'll get tons of hits that will tell you all you need to know. Good luck. Hope you find something she'll like.
Two other tips most people don't know about The New Theatre Restaurant. Get there when the doors open and tell the greeter or your server that you would like to be put on the Move List. If there are unsold tables or someone doesn't show up you are offerd those seats and moved about 10-15 minutes before the show. I've gotten very lucky on about 10 occasions so far. Second, if you don't mind waiting about 15 minutes, you can go outside and around to the stage door and talk (take pictures/get autographs) with the current star.
Thank you for the tips baby!!
My pleasure. Let me know how it turns out and what you think.
This one is pretty cool, too, if you're looking for options up north.

http://www.paradiseplayhouse.org