Johnny Carson had class....

The assclowns now polluting late nite shows couldn’t be a pimple on his ass.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hDwCTKXCFW4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7WO3mPdQ3c

He was civil and truly funny
At some point he became an old white man, so he was a rapist and a liar.
Just think how he’d have torn Trump a new asshole every night, like everybody else...

Just think how he’d have torn Trump a new asshole every night, like everybody else...

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

No. he wouldn't have. because he's DEAD.
Johnny Carson was a national treasure. He sometimes sprinkled a few political jokes into his monologue but focused 90% on other stuff and knew how to make everyone laugh. Compare that to Stephen Colbert, whose monologue is 100% political and viciously anti-Trump every show every night. If Colbert couldn't attack Trump, he would be completely lost. It's not funny to be so consumed by hate. He has no wit and zero repertoire outside of politics.

no, Johnny carson wouldn't have. he was a pro!!!

He'd have done a similar routine on Trump like what he did with bill clinton.

under-easy, not over-under like most idiots are doing.
  • R.M.
  • 09-20-2018, 05:03 AM
The tonight show. I loved Johnny Carson almost as much a Dean Martin. I miss Johnny he was so classy.
I watch mindless TV at night like Shameless or something on HBO. No to Stephen Colbert. Never had it never will.

That is a racist cartoon.
The tonight show. I loved Johnny Carson almost as much a Dean Martin. I miss Johnny he was so classy.
I watch mindless TV at night like Shameless or something on HBO. No to Stephen Colbert. Never had it never will. Originally Posted by R.M.
carson's on screen persona was as described but he had his share of demons and supposed failings

and to the point. there is no greater no talent bore than colbert

but yeah dean martin, the king of cool

if you notice dean's manner, he never overdid his talent, he always left you wanting more

at the sands, if he was performing with sinatra and sammy, he would always understate his role and singing ability, like taking a prat fall right as he was beginning his portion of some song

but he could sing, check out clips of the movie, the caddy, where dean sings, and the whole ensemble takes part in that's amore. yeah the dude could sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWhFmCRdoU
carson's on screen persona was as described but he had his share of demons and supposed failings

and to the point. there is no greater no talent bore than colbert

but yeah dean martin, the king of cool

if you notice dean's manner, he never overdid his talent, he always left you wanting more

at the sands, if he was performing with sinatra and sammy, he would always understate his role and singing ability, like taking a prat fall right as he was beginning his portion of some song

but he could sing, check out clips of the movie, the caddy, where dean sings, and the whole ensemble takes part in that's amore. yeah the dude could sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWhFmCRdoU Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Many people believed Martin had a better voice than Sinatra. His drinking was porposely overstated for laughs. He was a family man and never recovered from his sons death.
He'd have done a similar routine on Trump like what he did with bill clinton. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Not sure what that means. Johnny Carson retired before Bill Clinton became President.
That is a racist cartoon. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Hi Jack!
Carson had fun with Carter and his family, as I recall.
In real life, Carson was a jerk.

Don't ask for a link, just google it.

I'm old enough to remember the headlines describing his off camera antics.

But being a world class jerk did not take away from his talent.
In real life, Carson was a jerk.

Don't ask for a link, just google it.

I'm old enough to remember the headlines describing his off camera antics.

But being a world class jerk did not take away from his talent. Originally Posted by Jackie S
True, but it didn’t bleed into his show. He wasn’t a political crusader like todays assclowns. He was more entertaining too. I stopped watching after Leno retired.