ugh cabby blues

So I arrive late last night so instead of spending 50 on a cab to get from the airport to down town Nola. OR CALLING AN Uber and waiting the cabs was right in front I was tired so I got a room just 8 miles away. All the hotels near the airport stop shuttles at 11 it was midnight so I figure 20/25 bucks to go 8 miles no biggy...I get to my room when he said 45 bucks I almost fell out...heLl for that I could of been on Burbon DAMN IT MAN... SAD THING IS I HAVE TO go down town today to pick up car. BET I'LL WAIT ON UBER TODAY ..GOODNESS.. Unless a white night wants to come take me ...lol

I bitched in my ad about it but had to bitch again.., if I wasn't so damn tired and stressed last night I was going to take pictures of the cab and call to find out if that was truly correct or not...but sometimes you just say..who cares hope you fed a kid with it...
Airport rate from LOUIS ARMSTRONG international airport is $35.00 flat rate to downtown. They cannot meter you, because it is a flat rate set by the city!!

When downtown to Louis Armstrong international in an UBER it is also flat rate of $34.50 set by the city.
When i was driving UBER that was the rate, and we weren't allowed to pick up at the airport yet. Not sure if rules changed yet though for that.

Now 8 miles away is not far, so $45.00 is not sounding correct?? Do you know the name of cab CO. and if so I would call them to complain. Did you get a cab receipt?? Did you pay cash or CC.?? No difference in price for using CC, but just asking did you keep a record for your expenditures...

I would complain....
M.M.
Yes I paid with credit card....
the same way I paid 35 to go to Cotti street today to pick up my car I made sure I got a flat rate.
He told me that's what they all charged from airport 45.
and he called u bur the anti christ...lol
problem with ubur is I just can't call them
I downloaded app but for some reason it wouldn't let me get on I get frustraighted real quick with technoligy... well it's all over now..
some body needs to come see me I need to make my cab money back...lol
Doesn't sound right Majic, call the company.

I heard that Uber does pick-ups at airport now, but they pick riders up in parking garage. Don't know anyone who has actually used them there though.
THEY SIMPLY GOT ONE OVER ON YOU TODAY AS WELL AS YESTERDAY...I am telling you they screwed you over big time. And if nobody reports them to the cab CO. commission they will continue to do so to tourists!!

It is not $45.00 for a single passenger to go from the Airport in KENNER, LA. to downtown. The rate is a FLAT $35.00 and a little extra if there is more than 1 passenger....

And I think you may have went to CONTI St. to pick up your car, and even there it should have been metered fare if YOU WERE NOT GOING FROM AIRPORT TO DOWNTOWN.

I have made it my mission over the years to help people NOT get screwed over by the cabs here in the city.
United used to be ok. but even they suck now.(Too big for their britches), Liberty Bell cab, White Fleet ect. are not good cabs...
At least UBER gets rated by the passenger on a 5 star scale to keep bad drivers from working, and good drivers on their toes to not become bad drivers.

I know she got screwed over. But like she says it is a done deal now....
M.M.
The rate for one or two people is $33 from the airport to the Central Business District. It's approximately the same for a hotel in the French Quarter. There's a $14 charge for each additional passenger.
New Orleans Airport Transportation Tips | Best New Orleans Hotels
http://www.bestneworleanshotels.com/...tion-tips.html

GROUND TRANSPORTATION
Taxicabs >
Airport Shuttle >
Airport Limousines >
Amtrak >
Greyhound Bus >
Mass Transit >
Transportation Network Companies >
Car Rental >

Taxicabs:
Taxicab booths are located on the first level of the Terminal outside of Baggage Claim Belts 1 and 14. Passengers must wait in line at one of these booths for taxi service.

Taxi rides cost $36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for up to two (2) passengers. For three (3) or more passengers, the fare will be $15.00 per passenger. Taxis are required accept credit card payments.

GOOGLED THIS ON LINE JUST NOW FROM THE WONDERFUL WORLD WIDE NET...
Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear this. But good info to know. I mostly just use the hotel shuttles and pay less for complimentary service.

The car rental by the airport certainly seems easier.