The Joker - Joaquin Phoenix??

How does everyone feel about this guy becoming The Joker for the self titled Joker film?

Not my first choice, but who thought Heath Ledger would play such a good one? Guess will see. He is a very established actor that has proven to be very versatile in his roles. CGI photos look pretty good. Thoughts?

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/j...ergnet_3091611

• Mokoa
  • 07-26-2018, 12:23 AM
He did great as Johnny Cash in Walk The Line and as Comedus in Gladiator. We shall see.
they shoulda retired the character after the most awesome devious Heath Leger played him!!!!!!!!!!!
they shoulda retired the character after the most awesome devious Heath Leger played him!!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
As much as I somewhat agree. That was just one trilogy and imagination of the Batman universe by Christopher Nolan. They are going to eventually have a DC universe like Marvel and other Batman solo films, and Joker is a huge part of DC. I dont mind other iterations personally. But yes, Ledger was my favorite.

But Ledger did learn from Nicholson. Just watch the museum scene in the Batman film where he talks to Vickie Vale. That one bit is the entire personality of Ledgers Joker. Pretty awesome scene.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-27-2018, 05:32 PM
No one did the Joker like Jack Nicholson. That role and him were made for each other. Even at the beginning of the movie when he was Jack Napier he was great.
Watch the scene though. Its uncanny. Ledger got his influence from this scene alone.

Watch from the 1 min mark.

• Mokoa
  • 07-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Yes, when watching Ledger do the role in The Dark Knight you can readily tell the influence of Jack Nicholson's portrayal.
I like Jack and Ledger almost equally. The scary thing of Ledger is I dont see the actor. I see The Joker. It was pretty scary how well he was in character. There are moments where Jack is obviously Jack. And that's where you like Nicholson more, as an actor. But no one really cared for Heath before. Had some ok roles but nothing like Jack who had a huge resume. Heath fucking nailed it and died, surprisingly that role. I'll like to see Phoenix rendition, but he has four big shoes to fill. And while I dont disagree with people likening Nicholson the most, Ledger was damn near perfect for me.
Hopefully Phoenix can do a great job. I haven't paid much attention to him as an actor but if DC can get their act together and produce a hit as good as Wonder Woman, there may be hope.
I hope he kills it like Heath did! I'm with Grey on Heath, I only saw the joker in his performance. I watched it this weekend and he's still the best Joker imo.