What is the difference

What is the difference between disabling an account and guesting an account? Thank you
Accounts are only guested when staff have determined that the person wants to deactivate their account and also faces a legitimate real world security threat of some kind.

Guesting changes the account name to something like Guest00092729-4 making it harder (but not impossible) to search for their posts.

Disabling the account simply deactivates the account leaving nothing changed.
Thanks
Good information. Did not know that.
I don't like it when a provider is guested, and then comes back under a new name but presents herself like she is a "new provider". If I don't want to see her again under her old name, I don't want to see her under her new name either.
I don't like it when a provider is guested, and then comes back under a new name but presents herself like she is a "new provider". If I don't want to see her again under her old name, I don't want to see her under her new name either. Originally Posted by texanguy01
Well, in cases where a provider is Guested do to a real world outing concern, a security risk of some kind or some crazy eccie stalker...she has no choice but to come back as a "new provider"
nobody can escape from themselves
True story

Well, in cases where a provider is Guested do to a real world outing concern, a security risk of some kind or some crazy eccie stalker...she has no choice but to come back as a "new provider" Originally Posted by DickEmDown